Fuel Pump Questions

CGASTON

I am wondering about the fuel pumps. Now I have heard that E85 will destroy the wiring on drop in fuel pumps like Red's Double Pumper and Racetronix Double pumper. I am working on converting my car over to E85 and don't want to have this issue. Can someone please share their experience and stories on this matter? Also What have you done that has helped solve this issue?

Well that is what I was thinking but Racetronix stated on their site that it would. They were answering questions to their new double pumper fuel pumps.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I just pulled my double pumper out from almost 2 years of E85, wires looked fine however the small rubber lines that connect from the pump to the Y fitting were pretty beat up....may want to upgrade those lines to something better for E85.

I just pulled my double pumper out from almost 2 years of E85, wires looked fine however the small rubber lines that connect from the pump to the Y fitting were pretty beat up....may want to upgrade those lines to something better for E85.

Beat up how? Can you elaborate or post pics?

Well that is what I was thinking but Racetronix stated on their site that it would. They were answering questions to their new double pumper fuel pumps.

Oops, I just put the Racetronix double pumper in about 2 months ago and did not read on their website about that issue. I am not worried about it however. I think alot of manufacturers are reluctant to guarantee compatibility with E85, except Deatschwerks, but I am going to keep running it and see what happens.

I should also add the rubber -10 feed line that was run for those same 2 years was in perfect shape, no rubber at all in the 25 mic stainless filter...none. the lines on the double pumper are older, may have contributed. I decided to continue using my rubber -10 line for now after the inspection versus the frozenboost -10 (i dont like it) I bought to replace it....starting to think E85 isn't as corrosive as many lead it to be, just my .02

So what line is everyone running? Are you all running factory rubber lines? Silicon? Still braided? What?

I should also add the rubber -10 feed line that was run for those same 2 years was in perfect shape, no rubber at all in the 25 mic stainless filter...none. the lines on the double pumper are older, may have contributed. I decided to continue using my rubber -10 line for now after the inspection versus the frozenboost -10 (i dont like it) I bought to replace it....starting to think E85 isn't as corrosive as many lead it to be, just my .02

why didn't you like the frozenboost line?

So what line is everyone running? Are you all running factory rubber lines? Silicon? Still braided? What?

I replaced all the factory rubber lines between the tank and the frame a long time ago with new fuel injection rated rubber lines from the auto store. PTFE lined I think and Gates states that they are compatible with E85. Since I put in the double pumper I ran a new Jegs Proflow braided stainless -8 line all the way from the tank to the fuel rail. I used the stock feed line as the return with the stock filter turned around as the flow is going the other way now.

why didn't you like the frozenboost line?

Because it's E85 compatible (ptfe) & the fittings were very reasonable, in hindsight with the extra fittings needed to make it work (it dont bend good at all) I would of opted for the Jegs Proflow. I will say the fittings are easy to use versus regular braided fittings. So basically from the Y to the dual fed lines (-8) & the return to the fuel cell (-8) I have the frozenboost, from the cell to the Y I reused my existing (very nice!) -10....Reason I dont like it: done bend well, kinks very easy.