Fuel Pump Problem?

01regalgs

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum as I've owned my We4 for a little over a week. It drives great but I've been having a problem with the car just shutting off will I'm driving. It's happened a couple of times so far and nothing of seems to trigger it really, the car just shuts off and the dash lights up like a Christmas tree. It restarts no problem and the lights all go out. I've noticed that it seems to idle a little high (defintiely higher than my '01 GS) at almost 2k. The previous owner put in bigger injectors but I dont think he did anything with the fuel pump so could this be it? It's a solid car other wise, this is just bugging me for the obvious reasons. Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2ooo rpm is way too high 750-900 is typical. Do you have access to some type of OBDI scan device? Readings on TPS MAF and IAC would help here. This doesn't sound like your fuel pump cutting off causing stall, the pumps usually just either die and never come back, or they just start putting out lower volume and cause leaning problems under boost.
I would highly recommend visiting Full Throttle Performance and buy a scanmaster; its a scan tool and on the fly engine monitor all in one.
Welcome to the world of turbo Buicks.

I concur on the scanmaster and then if you dont have a hotwire kit and dont know the history of teh fuel pump ...replace it.

Also check the battery connections, pos on alt connection, pos/fus link connections on starter and the grounds on the back of the pass side head.

Well, if you plan on keeping the car for awhile your going to need a scan tool (assume you don't). There are many things that can cause the car to die while just cruising. A scanmaster or scan tool can be invaluable in finding problems, without one its just guessing. Having said that do a search on MAF tap test, a bad MAF will cause rough idle and intermittent stalling. My experiences with a bad fuel pump is they start to lose the ability to raise pressure with boost or they completely die.

Doesn't sound like a fuel pump issue. Sounds like an intermittent electrical issue, with the dash lighting up as you describe. Sounds like power is being reset, like a loose power wire or ground connection. Check the cables on the battery to make sure they're tight AND clean underneath.
Get a Scanmaster!!!!!

Thanks for the input guys, I really appreciate it. :) Yes, I plan on keeping the car for a long time so I will definitely invest in a scanmaster.