fuel pump issues

michgn

87 astro roof GN
ok the issue with the fuel pump was, the small piece of hose between the pump and the sending unit blew a hole in it . i took all of your advice and checked the BLM and it stands at 150 , i am planning on replaceing all the vaccum lines. is there a kit you can buy? many have special ends . the fuel preasure is now sitting at 39psi at idle ,, any other advice guys , the car is running great thanks for all your help at the motel , it was great to meet a bunch of guys like you :D

Welcome to the board, Cory!!!!!!!!! Best advise I can give you is read, read, read!!! Everything you need to know is out there somewhere on this forum. And DON'T be afraid to ask questions. Also, go to your user control panel, and edit your signature....fill in every thing you can think of for upgrades that are done to the car so people can have a little info on your setup. Oh, yeah....if you get bored, and need a laugh, check out the midwest section and you might find some interesting tidbits about those of us that were surrounding you and your car at the hotel in Michigan...:eek:..Good luck!!! ---Keith

High BLM points to big vac leak or pre-o2 sensor exhaust leak. However, now that you got the fuel pump fixed, you might wanna reset the ECM by unplugging it (connector on the single orange wire attached to the positive bat cable) Your car was no doubt runnung quite lean due to the in-tank fuel leak, so the ECM was dumping as much fuel as it possibly could to compensate...hense the BLM of 150 (maxed out) If you reset it, and then drive the car around for a while (couple days) the ECM will "re-learn" after the changes in the fuel pressure, and there's a chance the BL's might come down a little. Steer clear of boost right now, just to be safe...until we get those BLM's down a bit...then we can start chasing those pesky vac leaks....;)