Fuel pump hot wire?

josh rosaaen

My fuel pump is not wanting to come on it has a hot wire kit on. I ordered a new fuel pump relay that's on the passenger side should be here tomorrow does that still matter if it has a hot wire kit. I ran a wire from my pump straight to my battery to test it and it comes on. So I think my pump is good its a way to inline pump. Should I just replace the hot wire relay or try both

I pulled the relay for the hot wire kit and used a piece of wire to jump it to the fuel pump and it worked I tried a different relay on it the hot wire kit and still not working? Can I just wire in a switch to my fuel pump?

Your stock relay is what pulls in the hotwire relay , so replacing the stock relay may solve your problem. Sam

Check for 12v on the lead in the trunk. It's the connector with a gold colored wire going in and orange with white stripe coming out and goes to the pump connector on a stock setup. If you don't have 12v there with the key turned on for the first 2-3 seconds then you won't have any fuel pressure. The hot wire that you have wont work because it uses the factory hot lead to trigger the relay. The gold wire goes through the car under the driver side door sill and to the fuse panel.
805dd1a97a59ef44aa6d214a7cc8ff9f.jpg

BPE2013@hotmail.com

Check for 12v on the lead in the trunk. It's the connector with a gold colored wire going in and orange with white stripe coming out and goes to the pump connector on a stock setup. If you don't have 12v there with the key turned on for the first 2-3 seconds then you won't have any fuel pressure. The hot wire that you have wont work because it uses the factory hot lead to trigger the relay. The gold wire goes through the car under the driver side door sill and to the fuse panel.
805dd1a97a59ef44aa6d214a7cc8ff9f.jpg

BPE2013@hotmail.com
So does that mean my stock relay is bad or is there a fuse under the dash

Stock relay could be bad or wire from stock relay to the trunk connector is open . Check fuse first !!

Stock relay could be bad or wire from stock relay to the trunk connector is open . Check fuse first !!
Well I clean the stock relay and put it back on and it worked. I'm not sure what fuse it is but I'm assuming it's good relay might be going bad or just needed cleaned