Fuel pressure?

SFITurbo

Started the car today preparing for a spring ride and found I only have 20 PSI of fuel pressure. Pump is a Walbro 340 with hotwire kit about 2 years old with an Accufab FPR. Never changed any settings from last time it ran normal (4 months ago) and it has fresh fuel. Adjusting makes no change except to lower it Thoughts and guidance????

Started the car today preparing for a spring ride and found I only have 20 PSI of fuel pressure. Pump is a Walbro 340 with hotwire kit about 2 years old with an Accufab FPR. Never changed any settings from last time it ran normal (4 months ago) and it has fresh fuel. Adjusting makes no change except to lower it Thoughts and guidance????
Outside chance, fuel filter

Cracked rubber connector hose on the hanger. Happened to me also. At least the tank it fairly easy to drop.

Cracked rubber connector hose on the hanger. Happened to me also. At least the tank it fairly easy to drop.
Dropped the tank and no visible leaks or cracks...I guess it's time to throw some money at it and replace the pump and a new FPR. I put 12 volts direct to the pump and made no difference in pressure. I knew it wasn't going to be as easy as the filter. Damn spiders all over under there!

Are you sure your gauge is correct? My cars won't even run at 20 psi.
Fairly certain...FPR adjustment and it drops to zero. Line does not stay pressurized when key is switched off. Car idles but barely pulls itself and spits and cuts out bad when trying to drive. I am suspect of the line in the tank may be bad....the last one i swapped in the other GN were mush when I changed, more than likely from not using pure gas. Who has the bet prices for a good pump and FPR nowadays? May have to present that option to the Mrs.

Probably a bad pump. I put one in and it did the same thing you're describing after 3 days. I wouldn't replace the FPR.

Last edited:
Replace the pump

Replace the pump
It was the pump, sorta....pump dropped down from the hanger and the hose had slipped from the nipple. I surmise from torque from the twisting upon energizing. I ordered a new Aeromotive Stealth anyway, just can't tell the wife I pulled the trigger too fast.

teamphoenixborncom.jpg

It was the pump, sorta....pump dropped down from the hanger and the hose had slipped from the nipple. I surmise from torque from the twisting upon energizing. I ordered a new Aeromotive Stealth anyway, just can't tell the wife I pulled the trigger too fast.
Gotcha;)