Fuel pressure transducer, Autometer vs. Caspers

Transducer

For some reason the link to the Autometer transducer doesn't work now:confused: To see it just go to Autometer.com and search 2246.

Are the Autometer #2246, and Casters #107105 pressure tranducers the same part? They appear to have the same specs (hard to tell) and their photos look the same.

Caspers... http://www.installationinstructions.com/107105.pdf

Autometer... http://www.autometer.com/cat_accesso...il.aspx?vid=27

If they're not the same which one would you recommend to work best with PL.

I actually think they are the same part. The pictures look identical. Caspers includes the connector and wire harness, where you need to get it for the Autometer. Which can be found in junk yards on late model TPS's.

I have an Autometer sender that I picked up from Ebay for less than $95 shipped. I need to get the connecter yet. I have heard that a few people have had problems with Caspers (don't know why if they actually are the same). I am not trying to steer you from Caspers, as I can't imaging them not being identical, just that Caspers takes the Autometer label off theirs.

I hope this help you some.

Mike

By the way...

The operating parameters are both the same, as I contacted Autometer for details.

At 0 PSI, you will have a .5V reading for output signal and at 100 PSI, it will be 5.0V.

Someone was having problems a while back with showing pressure when the motor and pump was off. You have to set up the parameters in PL for the values...

Mike

Transducer

Thanks for the input Mike, that's pretty much what I thought - same part. I saw the same thing as you on e-bay, Autometers for under $100. Went to the U-Pull-it yard yesterday and found a couple of those pigtails, they didn't even charge me for them. I'll probably buy the Autometer off e-bay and go from there. I'll post how it all goes when I hook it up to PL.

I am not trying to steer you from Caspers, as I can't imaging them not being identical, just that Caspers takes the Autometer label off theirs.

I HIGHLY doubt that.... they 'may' be from the same industrial mfgr/mass producer, but 'repackaging' someone else's electronic parts is NOT something I would associate Casper's with doing..... :rolleyes:

I HIGHLY doubt that.... they 'may' be from the same industrial mfgr/mass producer, but 'repackaging' someone else's electronic parts is NOT something I would associate Casper's with doing..... :rolleyes:

You may very well have the idea of what is going on. I would in no way accuse that of going on, just that they look exactly alike.

Mike

Just thinking, I wonder if a oil pressure sending unit could be made to work for a fuel pressure gauge... I bet those are cheaper.
Just a wild thought.
Maybe a dumb one too...

They are NOT the same! They both use a 0-5v reference for the output but the Caspers transducer uses a 12v input voltage where the Autometer uses a 5v input voltage I believe. Whatever the case - they look the same but are NOT the same. Pressure transducers are generally the same by for fuel, oil, etc. etc. as long as they are made by the same manufacturer - they are rated by pressure range - so one shouldn't be cheaper than the other as long as they are both the same type ie-0-100psi. FWIW.

That may explain that some people have had troubles with one and went to the other and it worked better for them...

Mike