Autometer fuel pressure logging with scanmaster

haywire4130

I'm running sd2 and an autometer fuel pressure gauge. Was wondering if anyone had the values to put in plc so i can log fuel pressure. I tapped the purple signal wire and ran it to the analog input already, just need help with the setup. My gauge uses the same 2466 transducer that some guys are using without the gauge. Thanks in advance!

Yea you should be able to simply assign that analog input,as a 0-100 psi pressure sensor. Or are you saying you've done that and the gsuge and the PL dont agree?

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Havent even tried it yet, i assumed (from a search i did this morning) that i would have to assign custom values for the sensor. I will give it a go and report back. Does it matter which input i use?

No you shouldn't have to. Run the signal wire to one of the analog inputs and go into the config tab of PL and asign that input as a 0-100psi pressor sensor. That should do it

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

go to the analog settings pressure sensor 4 custom and on max go from 150 and make it 140 and see where it goes and adjust accordantly I think you have to change all 3 of them or just the bottom one of the custom analog pressure 4 .150. if your sensor maxes out at 100 then set it to 100.

Awesome, thanks for the quick replies fellas. It is a 5 volt transducer, ill plug into it tomorrow and see how it works!

I believe those sensors are .5v = 0 psi 4.5v = 100 psi give those numbers a try

if not, get a few pairs of pressure/voltage. pressure on the gauge, voltage on the F3 page. We can figure it out from that.

Bob

"Make sure plc is not running" meaning not connected to the car? I apologize, my pc knowledge is poor at best, im afraid to download the latest plc version because i dont wanna lose my tune. We spoke on the phone a couple seasons ago and you walked me through it like a saint but i havent done anything other than tune since then and the info i learned got overwritten in my head hahaha.

Just an update, i used the default values for 100psi pressure sensor and it worked like a champ! Pressure is within 1psi of mechanical and electronic gauges. Hopefully this will help someone else, thanks for the replies!