fuel pressure regulator

jlbeck

Does anyone here know for sure what the fuel pressure is using the stock 0280160233 Bosch regulator? I understand switching to a Bosch 237 would give me 5 or 6 additional PSI but nowhere can I find the pressure ratings on either. The Accel 74761 claims to cross reference to the Bosch 237 and it claims 45PSI. I really do not want an adjustable unit nor do I want to buy something that is no improvement over what I already have.

Thanks

Why wouldn't you want an adjustable one? I would wager that 99% of members here have one, the other 1% have unmodified cars. An adjustable fpr and an upgraded fuel pump with an upgraded wiring harness are almost mandatory to tune for zero knock. I don't mean to knock your choice, I was just wondering why. Btw, this thread should probably be posted in the regular General Turbo Buick Tech, the How To section is for how to articles.

Does anyone here know for sure what the fuel pressure is using the stock 0280160233 Bosch regulator? I understand switching to a Bosch 237 would give me 5 or 6 additional PSI but nowhere can I find the pressure ratings on either. The Accel 74761 claims to cross reference to the Bosch 237 and it claims 45PSI. I really do not want an adjustable unit nor do I want to buy something that is no improvement over what I already have.

Thanks

The 233 is 37 lbs. The 237 is 45 lbs.

I ASSUME this is for a Buick. If so, your chip is programmed for a specific fuel pressure. Changing the fuel pressure from what it was designed for messes up the drivability. In other words if you have a stock chip for a 233 reg and you install a 237 reg, your car will run richer washing down the cylinders, get terrible gas mileage, blow black smoke, etc.

The advantage of higher base fuel pressure can be better atomization from the injectors. But the chip needs to be made to match it.

Most here buy adjustable regulators so they can "TWEAK" their pressure. This is the best way to zero in long term fueling(BL) on the scantool.

HTH

A replacememt FPR for a somerset regal will be 3 bar (43.5 psi, some call it 44 or 45). It uses the 237, check autozone, napa, advance, etc