Fuel pressure regulator O-Ring leaking / relocate regulator

J-Rod

I am in the process of re-installing the engine on the GN. It has a BGC intake with the AL rails that came with the intake. It has an Accufab regulator and the old o-ring going into the rail tore. I picked up a variety pack of Viton o-rings and couldn't get it to seal. I have seen threads on here about folks having issues getting the right o-ring and getting it to seal. The one thread I read seemed to indicate the o-ring from NAPA worked while the o-ring form O'Rielley's did not.

I had seen some threads about modifying the fuel system and relocating the regulator, but the links in the threads generate a forum error.

If I can't get the correct o-ring or have more issues I was just going to look at making a plug and plugging the rail, or tapping and plugging the existing regulator hole in the rail and moving the regulator to the end of the rail which is already set up for NPT. It looks like on the Accufab regulator you can unscrew the fitting that goes into the rail and replace it.

https://www.kinsler.com/index.php/handbook-catalog
Page 135 has a saddle adapter that will fit over the back of the stock style fpr for remote mounting. You'll need to fab a fitting to go into the rail with an AN fitting. Turbofabricator made some if you do a search you can see what I'm talking about.

The site search keeps generating errors. I had seen reference to his fittings but couldn't find the thread.

Ya, I guess the search feature is messed up at the moment.

I am in the process of re-installing the engine on the GN. It has a BGC intake with the AL rails that came with the intake. It has an Accufab regulator and the old o-ring going into the rail tore. I picked up a variety pack of Viton o-rings and couldn't get it to seal. I have seen threads on here about folks having issues getting the right o-ring and getting it to seal. The one thread I read seemed to indicate the o-ring from NAPA worked while the o-ring form O'Rielley's did not.

I had seen some threads about modifying the fuel system and relocating the regulator, but the links in the threads generate a forum error.

If I can't get the correct o-ring or have more issues I was just going to look at making a plug and plugging the rail, or tapping and plugging the existing regulator hole in the rail and moving the regulator to the end of the rail which is already set up for NPT. It looks like on the Accufab regulator you can unscrew the fitting that goes into the rail and replace it.
PM me your address and I'll send you some of the ones we use on OEM fuel pressure regulators . We still make the old school regulator for service parts and lucky me gets to work on equipment that makes & tests them .