fuel pressure for alky ??

fugitive

i have an extender extreme chip for alky that says set fuel pressure to 45. is this good or should i back it down some so there is more alky instead of fuel ?

The chip is set up with that fuel pressure so leave it alone and adjust everything via a Translator.

Especially with alky, the translator works great because you can easily pull WOT pulse width by 2% increments. I pulled 10% of the 60lbers at WOT in the Translator with my alky kit knob at 2 oclock and was right on 800 millivolts before it blew up. :(

Fuel pressure is to be set for drivability issues. WOT is then set via chip programming and adjustments to the translator to get your target O2's/Air Fuel Ratio setup.

Its all bout tuning.. you need to see what makes the most MPH pickup from the 1/8-1/4 and then use that info on your particular combo. Typically safe numbers to shoot for on a street tune is approx 800 for O2's. This will vary from car to car. Track settings typically 770's as a baseline at WOT through the last half of the track(past the 1/8).

HTH

DR.BOOSTER said:
The chip is set up with that fuel pressure so leave it alone and adjust everything via a Translator.

Especially with alky, the translator works great because you can easily pull WOT pulse width by 2% increments. I pulled 10% of the 60lbers at WOT in the Translator with my alky kit knob at 2 oclock and was right on 800 millivolts before it blew up. :(

Those settings are correct. Why did something let go? That is the question...

Did you have a datalog like a DS recording of when it happened?

Sorry to hear about it :(

What would be a good 'target' O2 when running the 1/8 mile? Would it be the same as if running a 1/4 mile?

The more heat you place on the O2 sensor the lower it will read. It takes time to get the heat up.. I would say you'd be very close on an 1/8 mile tuneup through the traps.

Thing is with 1/8 mile we can get more greedy on the tuneup.. since there is less track :biggrin: . Watch your MPH in relation to timing, boost, and O2 levels. If you get knock.. and the O2's are a little high.. you need more alky shot in and back down on the gas. Vice versa, having the O2's a little low and get a little knock.. try adding fuel and leave the alky alone. Dont try and use alky as the fix all bandaid.

HTH