fuel line o rings

alliedmike

2 Cyl short NO PROBLEM
Hey guys.. so Im doing some final fuel line connections and im having an issue with the O rings. I put the o rings on the ends of the lines and screw them together not rocket science right? well as i tighten the lines together it starts to feel funny so I take the line back off and the o ring is torn or some were slit...any ideas??

What type of lube and are you using the correct size o-rings? Did they come from a full gasket set or ?.

they are the rings that came with the new ss lines i got from classic tube. i used a little smear of clear synthetic grease

Usaully when that happens the O-ring is to big.
ooo got ya now clue me in on something...when i insert the male end with the o ring on it, does that o ring go in and seal on the inner face of the female end or does it go inside just past the inner face? If any of what i just said makes any sense haha

I have not found the correct size at the local auto store including Napa.
They all seem crushed when taken apart. Too fat or thick..

The O-ring should seal on the inner face. I had this happen a couple of times. When I put the O-ring on the steel line it would be alittle sloppy on it. Every time I would tighten it down it would rip the O-ring up. Found some O-rings at Napa that fit on the steel line tight and NO more O-ring damage.

Sorry I don't as this happened to me afew years back but I do know that when I got an O-ring that fit on the line tight I had no more issues with it.

They have the brown fuel oring assortment. I bought an assortment off line years back and they were regular black orings and they were all to thick. The set I recieved from napa worked great

STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS SK27 Fuel Rail O-Ring Kit
STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS SK26 Fuel Rail O-Ring Kit

I bought these kits at Rock Auto - the say fuel rail, but they are the little rings to seal up fuel lines.

HELP section at any auto parts store...make sure you get the Viton orings....and a smear of vasoline when you're assembling..