fuel line length?

SpeeednV6

I'm going to change out my corroded fuel line. I don't have access to measure out the needed length. I am going to use 8AN line. I will use the existing fuel filter location. I will go with a Racetronix AN sender. I don't want to order more line than i have to.

SpeeednV6 said:
I'm going to change out my corroded fuel line. I don't have access to measure out the needed length. I am going to use 8AN line. I will use the existing fuel filter location. I will go with a Racetronix AN sender. I don't want to order more line than i have to.

You might hold off for a little longer. Racetronix is supposed to be putting a fuel line assembly together that will go with their an sender. I had heard they were expecting feb availability, but haven't seen it yet. Maybe Jack will post up here. There's at least one thread where R/T confirmed they were doing the line kits.

I used 20 ft length of -8 aeroquip tfe from where the stock muffler would be up to the factory rail feed location. I had a few feet left over. A 15 ft piece for me would have not been quite long enough.

Years ago I was going to build a kit for folks to convert to AN hose and found that most people did NOT want to spend the money it would take. There is no need to go to a -8AN either. Use a -6AN instead. You will only need to go to -8 if you are making more than 850 hp. Just staying with -6 will save you some bucks. Summit has a 3/8" by -6AN compression fitting that will work for cheap. I would suggest visiting your local hydraulic shop and picking up a steel 3/8" x -6AN (JIC) fitting and then use -6 Teflon lined hose instead of typical AN hose. Typical hose will seep fumes and smell up your garage. PM me for my number if you need help converting your fuel lines.

We do not recommend using -6 feed line with our AN senders. Our AN senders require Teflon -8 feed and -6 return. Using a -6 feed will void any warranty we provide.

i ended up ordering 20ft of -8 and 20ft -6, there was some leftover so i we did the trasnmission cooling lines in that as well. I belive everything came in around $200 with the fittings.

I did see a few guys on here used 6an line. I'm going the E85 route and getting 120's, double pumper, etc. I don't want to have more than a couple feet left over. C'mon Racetronix, get that kit together...:cool: Seems I would put the hard line in if I was going 6an.

Uhhh ok. You have two pumps with itsy bitsy outlets and you think that it needs a -8 AN to work???? No way a -6 will choke those two pumps. What filter do you suggest? I have spent years developing extreme performance engines and two Walbro pumps will NOT out flow a single -6 line. Sprint cars run methanol and make over 750 hp on a single -6 line to the barrel valve. That means they are feeding TWICE the volume we use (at 60psi) at the same power level. You also use a single 3/8" line out of the sending unit. Do the math and get back to us. ( pie R squared) Nothing wrong with running -8 AN but definitely NOT needed. Explain to us why it is needed to prevent warranty issues. Use detailed flow numbers and cross sectional area when explaining. I have run the numbers many many times with aviation engineers. ( I just didn't believe my own calculations). Not trying to start an argument just trying to clarify numbers. Maybe I missed something. After all the most power I have made on gasoline is only 5,000+ hp. (And that was over 28 years ago). I learn new things every day, though. Thanks for providing the Buick folks a quality product.

I did see that Sakudog is running 6an to his Racetronix dp. I wasn't sure why or given any explanations as to why. Its just like some guys that say to use a 10an line. Some run both pumps full time.

A single 3/8" line is all that comes out the sender with 2 pumps feeding it. Why would you need to go larger beyond that point? Return line is a different issue.

I did see that Sakudog is running 6an to his Racetronix dp. I wasn't sure why or given any explanations as to why. Its just like some guys that say to use a 10an line. Some run both pumps full time.

-10 is way overkill / no benefit over -8.