Fuel injectors

Ernie GN

Just floor it
What would be a great step up in spray quality compared to the Siemens Deka injector?
I’m just curious. I know Siemens are good.

Share your experience

Or if you know of a other thread that has gone over this please share.

Pretty sure the Bosch EV14's are the new kid on the block. Although I don't have any details on performance. They're certainly more expensive.

Thank you
I found a video just to show the spray pattern.
Seems a little better.
I found pricing on summit racing, selling a set of 4 about $250. It’s probably going to be around $380 for the six.

Any others guys with information ?

Or it is not important on a turbocharged engine ?

Any others guys with information ?

Or it is not important on a turbocharged engine ?

Just looking at the spray pattern isn't going to tell you much. If the pattern is too wide, you end up spraying down the walls of the intake instead of putting fuel into the cylinder. If it's too narrow... well, probably doesn't matter if it's properly atomized inside the stream.

What you need is a back to back dyno test of the two injector sets on the same engine. I'm going to guess the difference will be inside the margin of error. We're not in a situation where you're trying to eek out 2mpg like the OEMs are. These kinds of differences are largely superficial in our application.

Just looking at the spray pattern isn't going to tell you much. If the pattern is too wide, you end up spraying down the walls of the intake instead of putting fuel into the cylinder. If it's too narrow... well, probably doesn't matter if it's properly atomized inside the stream.

What you need is a back to back dyno test of the two injector sets on the same engine. I'm going to guess the difference will be inside the margin of error. We're not in a situation where you're trying to eek out 2mpg like the OEMs are. These kinds of differences are largely superficial in our application.

That makes sense to me.
I found a article about how a injector spray different size fuel drops. And different engines react differently to them.
Basically if the injectors spays a small drop and the injectors are high up in the runner it starts evaporating before it gets to the cylinder.
So this engine would run better with a injector that does not atomize as well.

Maybe this is why a lot of new cars use plastic intakes.

From what it seems messing with injectors you are searching for pennies as far as horse power goes.
Drivability could be better down low but that’s it.

That makes sense to me.
I found a article about how a injector spray different size fuel drops. And different engines react differently to them.
Basically if the injectors spays a small drop and the injectors are high up in the runner it starts evaporating before it gets to the cylinder.
So this engine would run better with a injector that does not atomize as well.

Maybe this is why a lot of new cars use plastic intakes.

From what it seems messing with injectors you are searching for pennies as far as horse power goes.
Drivability could be better down low but that’s it.

They use the plastic intakes because they're cheaper to make and weigh less.

All engines work better with better atomized fuel. Liquid gasoline isn't flammable. Only gasoline vapor burns. My point was that the width of the spray cone isn't necessarily indicative of how well the fuel in the cone is atomized.

But which injector is going to work the best in a particular intake? Testing is the only thing that'll tell you that.

Ohhh okay
I understand now about having an injector that sprays too wide for your intake.

The more i learn the more complicated Engines get. Lol

The more i learn the more complicated Engines get. Lol

That's the smartest thing I've seen you type yet.

Keep in mind while you're looking at videos of spray patterns... That has nothing to do with the actual use of that injector. Spraying into a static atmospheric environment or into a graduated cylinder is not an engine. No where close.

In the real world it lights off in an intake tract with a SEROUS windstorm and various pressures and pulses going on.
Then has to split into to, negotiate past a valve stem, go around the valve head (with various curtain areas, twice) and seat, then form a flow cone, get swirled and tumbled, then stall before getting compressed.

and that's before the spark plug even fires......

That's the smartest thing I've seen you type yet.

Keep in mind while you're looking at videos of spray patterns... That has nothing to do with the actual use of that injector. Spraying into a static atmospheric environment or into a graduated cylinder is not an engine. No where close.

In the real world it lights off in an intake tract with a SEROUS windstorm and various pressures and pulses going on.
Then has to split into to, negotiate past a valve stem, go around the valve head (with various curtain areas, twice) and seat, then form a flow cone, get swirled and tumbled, then stall before getting compressed.

and that's before the spark plug even fires......
Like everyone else. We learned from others.
Even you

If I don't ask questions I'll never learn anything. If I don't read anything I'll never learn anything.
Problem with reading off a website is there is a lot of misleading.
Sometimes you just have to try it out for your self.

Usually I like to study up on a item/ topic before I make a decision.
The reason for this thread.

I ended up buying a new set of injectors because I thought it was a good deal.
Without much knowledge on injectors, I made my purchase.
I still think they are good enough for me. I just needed to make sure.

I ended up buying a set 80 pound Siemens Deka flow matched for $260 from a member. Shipped

I knew if I started my thread something like:
This is my car and this is what I like to do with it.
Will these injectors work for me?
More than likely I would have got a simple yes or no
And I would not learn a thing.

Turbo6inKY and Earlbrown

Thank you very much Gentleman

But anyhow
This thread can still continue. If some one knows of some high quality injectors for these turbo Buicks please post.

It's will give us and new members options

I think you missed my point.

I don't think I did.

I'll try

Looking at injector spray pattern out in the open will only tell you so much.
Because engines are under vacuum causing turbulence.
Boosted engines are under pressure causing more turbulence and pressures against the spray pattern.

So depending on your type of engine and intake.
Boosted or NA
you would make the decision on a certain injector. To make sure it performs the task needed

I don't think I did.

Because engines are under vacuum causing turbulence.
Boosted engines are under pressure causing more turbulence and pressures against the spray pattern.

Both those are wrong.

'Vacuum' and 'pressure' are both relative terms. What's important is PSIT which uses velocity as a kicker.

Both those are wrong.

'Vacuum' and 'pressure' are both relative terms. What's important is PSIT which uses velocity as a kicker.

what is PSIT?

this is what i got from your other post

Spraying into a static atmospheric environment or into a graduated cylinder is not an engine. No where close.

thats why i was saying that about 'Vacuum' and 'pressure'

i guess the way i understood it, was your spray pattern will change anyway because its like pissing in the wind.

when you get a chance, you can tell me what you mean by:

'Vacuum' and 'pressure' are both relative terms

I understand vacuum is space devoid of matter. An approximation to such vacuum is a region with a gaseous pressure much less than atmospheric pressure.
Pressure is the force applied perpendicular to the surface of an object per unit area over which that force is distributed.

Am I missing something or are you trying to reinvent the wheel or overthink this. Why not just buy a set of injectors and a chip from Eric Marshal and call it a day. 100s have done it and I don't see anyone complaining. Sounds like a pretty good track record to me. It even states in your car mods that it is a 97% street car.

Am I missing something or are you trying to reinvent the wheel or overthink this. Why not just buy a set of injectors and a chip from Eric Marshal and call it a day. 100s have done it and I don't see anyone complaining. Sounds like a pretty good track record to me. It even states in your car mods that it is a 97% street car.

not trying to reinvent the wheel

i started this so i can become informed on what was out there for these car and at the same time i would learn something.
I found injectors at a great price before i was informed. I usually I like to study up on a item/ topic before I make a decision
I have injectors and chip from turbo tweak but i was unsure if i made a good buy for what i need.
I don't like to buy things just because someone said to or someone else did.
I want to learn why.

Right now earlbrown is teaching me more things about injectors.
BTW thank you earlbrown

But at this point i feel i have the right injector.