Fuel Cell For E85

GNWANTED

Shake & Bake!
Has anyone been using a plastic type fuel cell with E85? I plan on re-working my stock fuel system which will include lines, pump, tank etc. Just not sure what type of fuel cell would work best.
Summit has told me none of the fuel cells they currently sell are recommended for E85. But did state a plastic one would work ok, just the gasket for the tank cap would not hold up.
And I have heard aluminum is not the best unless you have it anodized.
I am currently running E85 with walbro 340 in-tank pump and stock lines with no issues, but I am on the edge with my current set up and need room to grow!!!

Thanks for any help you can give!

Sounds like you need to go to the Bosch 044 (modded from Jay Racing for even more flow) and you'll have more room.

From there you can always run a single Meth injection nozzle and take up another 10% in injector.

Plastic though is a good choice, many Imports have plastic tanks and are totally fine with E85.

Thanks for the info! I think a plastic tank is also the best choice that I can find. The plan right now is to go with an external pump and I am looking at the Aeromotive Eliminator but nothing is set in stone yet.

FWIW, the vast body of experience stated by members of this forum is that you really don't have to do anything special to run E85 but just be sure you have plenty of fuel injector and fuel pump. You WILL need 30% more fuel injector capacity and 30% more fuel pump. This assumes you are already at or near the capacity of your fuel injectors/pump, which is where most of us are at.

I will eventually run E85 through my aluminum tank and do not expect to have any problems. I would make sure your existing tank was cleaned out and would replace all rubber fuel lines with new fuel lines. Also, change out your fuel filter shortly after you start running E85 as it has high detergent properties and will remove any gasoline sludge present in your fuel system.

The Aeromotive pumps are all E85 compatible.
Conrad

FWIW, the vast body of experience stated by members of this forum is that you really don't have to do anything special to run E85 but just be sure you have plenty of fuel injector and fuel pump. You WILL need 30% more fuel injector capacity and 30% more fuel pump. This assumes you are already at or near the capacity of your fuel injectors/pump, which is where most of us are at.

I will eventually run E85 through my aluminum tank and do not expect to have any problems. I would make sure your existing tank was cleaned out and would replace all rubber fuel lines with new fuel lines. Also, change out your fuel filter shortly after you start running E85 as it has high detergent properties and will remove any gasoline sludge present in your fuel system.

The Aeromotive pumps are all E85 compatible.
Conrad
Thanks for the info. I have been running e85 with no issues. I need to upgrade to bigger injectors and my current fuel system will not be able to keep up. So over the winter I plan upgrading the entire system.

Uh you must of missed my Corrosion E85 thread, tell me how this aluminum fitting looks after limited miles on E85? The anodized part is fine, the aluminum part that was machined looks horrible, you want a fuel cell of aluminum?

Attachments

• E85 Crude Fitting.jpg
    E85 Crude Fitting.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 255