FS: 1987 Grand National w/ 18k miles for $26k

FirstLC2

Decided it's time for me to move on, I've had this car for almost 7 years. I purchased it with 14,732 miles, and it now sits around 18,500 miles. Major options include t-tops, power windows, power locks, tilt wheel.

It's stock with the exception of a cat delete pipe. I have the original converter in a box that will come with the car.

New Delco Gold battery, I had a slight oil drip a few years ago, so I had the rear main seal and valve cover gaskets replaced.

The paint appears to be original. It's very sharp with a mirror like reflection. There are no tape lines, spun bolts or overspray. There is some orange peel on the passenger side c-pillar.

There is a small scuff on the corner of the driver side front bumper, and the power antenna doesn't work anymore (cable snapped, It will just run and run if left plugged in)

Anything else I can answer please let me know. I'm located in the NW suburbs of Chicago.

Asking $26,000

Last edited:
image.jpg
image.jpg

Nice... good luck should sell quick. If it was a hard top I would buy it

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Are you basing your asking price strictly on mileage? Production numbers? Have all the hoses and clamps been upgraded? Turbo seals/bearings replaced? Compression/leak down test? Your asking price is a new off the lot price from '87 and for some enthusiast low mileage is a turn-off.

Please understand that I am not attacking in any sense and only looking for clarification/understanding. I do wish you best of luck with your sale though. :)

Are you basing your asking price strictly on mileage? Production numbers? Have all the hoses and clamps been upgraded? Turbo seals/bearings replaced? Compression/leak down test? Your asking price is a new off the lot price from '87 and for some enthusiast low mileage is a turn-off.

Please understand that I am not attacking in any sense and only looking for clarification/understanding. I do wish you best of luck with your sale though. :)
And yes you are attacking him , He has a low mile car for sale and if you don't wanna buy it go back to the " Turbo Lounge " section and talk about movies , workman's comp claims and fly fishing . Its his car and can price it where ever he wants to

Yes, all hoses and clamps have been upgraded with carbon fiber. Turbo has been replaced with one from a Cummins motor.

Yes, all hoses and clamps have been upgraded with carbon fiber. Turbo has been replaced with one from a Cummins motor.
Well done sir and I was not doubting you. Your car is super clean and I have no doubt you will get top dollar.

All the best. :)

And yes you are attacking him , He has a low mile car for sale and if you don't wanna buy it go back to the " Turbo Lounge " section and talk about movies , workman's comp claims and fly fishing . Its his car and can price it where ever he wants to

I agree, and if Mr. @texasmr2 had done his research on NADA and Hagerty evaluation tools he'd see that car is worth every penny he's asking.

Oh, and for the benefit of @texasmr2 and anyone else that may be interested, I've done your research for you.
Take a look at the attached PDF file. IGNORE THE CAR FOR SALE ON THERE, IT'S SOLD. But rather go to the bottom and look at the NADA and Hagerty valuation information for an 87 GN.

Attachments

• 87 GN For Sale.pdf
    792.6 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

$26k was not a new off the lot price in 1987 and the rest of your post makes no sense.

texasmr2-a newbie who now thinks he is an expert on these cars. And yes it was an attack on the seller as he has a nice low mileage car that is worth the selling price. Maybe you should stick with mr2s. Look at how many times you have posted on different ads in the cars for sale section asking about buying someones car and then state that you are not ready to buy yet and it will be several months or a year or a year and a half. Its really hard to keep up with how long it will be with you.