Front pump seal replacement

fastblackcar

Never Finished!!
last year i replaced my converter and also front pump seal, 2000 miles and now it started leaking, when i replaced it i never let it hang, put the trans in and tightened the bolts right away, is there a better front pump seal available?
thanx
tom

What year is the pump housing out of? Is the return hole opened up to .250in? Did you loc-tite the front bushing in place if replaced? Is the bushing bore a press fit or did the previous bushing spin if it was ever replaced? The front bushing may be worn excessively or walked out toward the seal blocking the return oil. I always use additional sealer on the font seal to prevent leaking around the seal. Sometimes the seal bore is scored form previous rebuilds and careless seal removal.

?

the trans is original , loc tight where?,return hole ???, sealant where?? just replaced the seal because i thought you were supposed to, replaced converter only reason i took it apart!!! seal came out hard, trans never rebuilt, i need to replace so tell me more please
thanks
tom

Are you sure its the front seal? They dont usually go unless there is something else wrong.

not sure

not sure just seen trans drip on floor in the area and looked under, cover hole has trans fluid dripping