freeze plug

jgines

CaTcH mE iF yOu CaN
Somebody please help..I am in desperate need of a freeze plug. If any one has one to sell or know where I can get one please let me know. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I would really like to get my car running. Thanks again:D

Go to any engine rebuild place, they have boxes of singles. I would assume regular parts houses have them, but usually a jobber place that deals to mechanic shops has a much better supply. If you can't find one, let me know, I will get you one.

Squid

Thanks squid. Ill ask around to see if any shops got it. If I cant get one I'll take you up on your offer on getting one for me. Squid you are the man, thanks again:D

sqiud, just to make sure there is no mix up. Is the freeze plug the same for all years of the gn or do the 84-5 differ from the 86-7. I have an 84 gn.

Hmmm. Not sure. I think they are the same. Most kits you buy will have for all 3.8's/4.1's etc, and will have extra for different motors. Can you get to it to measure? Let me know.

Squid

cant get to it motor is in car. plus rain is in our forcast for the whole week. and I aint got a garage. Is it possible to access the plug while the motor is still in? Also Since you have an 85 your plug should be the same as my 84? seeing that they are both hot airs, right:confused:

Alright, if it is the one on the side it is a 1 1/2". I have some that size, but they are way too deep. They were from my old 302's. I can pick one up tomorrow if you can't find one. With shipping it'll be about $65, so go ahead and paypal me. Just joking:D

If you can't find one in the AM, call me and let me know, I'll go pick one up, put it in the mail.

Squid
316-640-1890 cell

Squid, in you post you said "if its the one on the side its 1 1/2". now my question is. is there more than one freeze plug or is that the only one?I will call some shops during my morning break. If I cant find one Ill let you know. Thanks again.

There are two or three on each side that are 1 1/2", then a few on the back between the block and tranny that are smaller and deeper. Can you see, or do you know which is bad? Is it rusted out? Did it fall out? Let me know if you need me to pick one up.

Squid

well im at work right now so I cant take a look.Plus as said in one of the posts rain is in our forcast for the rest of the week, and the moter is in the car. But if it helps any I noticed that water/coolant was leaking like a waterfall when I stopped and turned the car off.The location of the leak was right in the middle of the car above the oil pan. I posted that problem before in the hot air section and a board member said it might be the freeze plug or heater hose. Is it possible to get a set of freeze plugs so that I could change any that are bad?
or do they come seperate. If you could possibly get me a set that would be awsome. please let me know. Thanks

i would say the water pump is bad and coolant is running down the side of the motor. if the freez plug is bad they will all need replaced .Shawn

If it is the freeze plug and you are replacing them all, get brass freeze plugs. I got mine from Aggressive for like $11. They are on this websites main page. Quick to ship, too.

Squid

Squid And Boostjunkie, Do you guys know how many freeze plugs are there and the sizes of them. Ill need to know if im going to order them. thanks

pass side rear of the motor the heater hose runs from the A/C box to the motor the valve is in between . they go bad alot

Originally posted by jgines
Squid And Boostjunkie, Do you guys know how many freeze plugs are there and the sizes of them. Ill need to know if im going to order them. thanks
i have new sets of freeze plugs steel $9 shipped brass $13 shipped paypal and ship wed first thing . you motor has 7 freeze plugs 3 in the back of the block 1 /1/8 and 2 on each side of the block 1 1/2 . Shawn

Boostjunkie , I need your e-mail address that your paypal account is linked to. Iwould like to get the brass set $13 Shipped. I dont have a paypal account and usually pay with money order. But my sister has a paypal account so she will do it for me. Thanks Boostjunkie you have been a very helpful in my pursuit of getting my GN running.