Fred Rodgers, companion to the trolley, dead...

victa1

Yep, THE Mr. Rodgers, died of cancer. I, being 32, still used to watch him once in a while to get away from the normal crap of life.
Mr. McPheely always got on my nerves, though.

I watched the shows currently HE HE
Well my kids watch while I am home during the day.

I always liked the feild trip part of the show.

i learned to whistle for one reason and one reason only, so i could whitle along with him.

i was very sad when i found out the news. i hope they keep running the show so my little neice can watch him.

he'll be miss'd

Dathan

Very nice, kind and intelligent man. I was sad to hear about his death. You don't find many people like him.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

I used to love him! I like Mr Rogers better than Sesame Street. that sux, and the field trips were awesome. I liked the trip to the crayola crayon factory the best!

One of the better shows on PBS.

RIP.

A great show for kids and their owners to watch. :)

a real loss

With all the garbage in the world and sicko celebrities, it's a real shame to lose a guy like Fred Rogers. Never any scandals or problems and the guy could even take a joke about himself. I hope they run the shows in syndication so my kids can watch like we did growing up.

Good News fans!

PBS plans on running Mr. Rogers for many years to come just as they have been doing since Fred retired.

RIP Mr. Rogers.

Growing up in pittsburgh was great cause it was where Mr Rodgers was My High school was right next to WQED studios and i saw him many times. I remember when i was he had an office in the building where my grandma lived. We getting ready to get on the elevator and i said "mom there's Mr Rodgers" He said hello and borught me into his office and talked to me a bit and gave my an autographed picture. Hopefully he made an impression on enough people while he was here to change the world.

:( Very sad day. I used to like his show better than Sesame Street, along with Romper Room, The Magic Garden, and The Electric Company.

Being from Pittsburgh still, I had the opportunity to watch several hours of special coverage remembering Mr Rogers. Fred Rogers was the exact same way in real life as he was seen on his show, he lived to educate and help children become responsible young adults. For those who knew Fred well enough, lets reminice with one of Freds things to do.

Just take 10 seconds to think about someone who has affected your life in a special way. Perhaps somebody did something nice for you and didn't ask for anything in return. Or perhaps somebody did something that brightened your day today. Just take 10 seconds to think of that person now. I'll watch the time for you...
Hopefully that special person felt you thinking of them, and feels better for your kind thoughts.

Even today we can learn a lot from Fred Rogers. I'll miss you Mr. Rogers. Fred McFeely Rogers, 1928-2003 http://www.pbs.org/

Dan

I grew up watching Mr. Rogers and even though I never really liked the land of make-believe I liked the trolly and his stop light. The trips to the factories were the best! To this day I still love to see how things are made.

I told my 7th graders the news yesterday and some started to cry. It was really sad. I've always though of Mr. Rogers as a weenie when I got older, but he was truly a good guy. At least we know he went to the proper place.

James

would you be the owned of a Gn with lightning rods? Have i seen it at the vintage grand prix car show on fladstaff?
Yes, that would be me. But you won't be seeing the 87 HurstGN on flagstaff hill anytime soon. After the way the car show people treated the attendees last year, I (and many others I know) will not be returning. I will be at the race tho, working race communications on turn 16 most likely. Fun part of working communications is you get an up front seat on a turn, and get to kinda "lap the track" when you need to have your car at your assigned corner. :D Last year I took the haybails at 35 no problem...gotta see if I can sneak in at 40 this year. ;)

Dan