FP question

tenright

Ok heres the issue, warm at idle 160 deg. I have the regulator set to 42 psi. car is awesome. Spins the tires into second gear, churps into third. Get about 16lbs boost. In otherwords all is the way it should be. After driving for a while about 10 minutes or so I floor it from a dead stop and it just barely moves, and no boost. Then after a couple of seconds it starts going again. From a slow roll it's fine but boost is lower 14 or 15lbs, and it does not loose the tires. Heres the really strange part, I pull it into the garage, pop the hood and FP is reading waaayyy low...36 line off. Also BLM's are a bit low 125 or so. While cruising BLMs will drop as low as 110, and range as high as 130.

Ok so what I am thinking is the FP even though set at 42psi is just to high and the ECM is trying to account for this by leaning out the engine. The fuel pump is a Walbro, hotwired, and has less then 3000 miles on it. Also I have boost set at 16 with 93 alky off..it has no knock...I should see some signs of knock...yes??? My thinking is I should just lean it out till I see some signs of knock, then increase slightly....This whole thing is driving me a bit nuts because I am trying to tune alky and can't till I find the point where knock appears.....

Here are some #'s

O2-(avg)800 range-750-900
FP 42 line off
IAC-22
TPS-44
BLM-125
INT-126
MAL-0

Update on this one, I pulled the plugs and found one wet with fuel, guess it's time to break down and get the 42 009's I have been putting off :rolleyes:

you know I would but with my turbo 60's are pointless, I just want to get the damn thing into the high 11's low 12's and start buying my 87 conversion. I intend to set up an entire drivetrain....with forged pistons, 218 cam, pt90 turbo, GN1 heads.....the whole 9 yards...but first I have to get this thing set up right as a hot air.

tenright said:
....with forged pistons, 218 cam, pt90 turbo, GN1 heads.....the whole 9 yards...but first I have to get this thing set up right as a hot air.

Good God dude...... :eek: gotta take some smaller steps before you jump up to a PT90.....

I saw a smaller (than a PT90) 88 go mid 9's at BG on 14 psi boost :eek: :eek:

Might want to try something smaller to start with..... like a GT6131..... coupled with complementing parts should get you deep into the 11's once you go with the '87 conversion.....