FP Issue PARTAY needed

gn86randy

No can......can
well here is a little background of my issue....Racetronix HW 30amp fuse blew on the Alt, so I tried bypassing the HW kit and plugging straight through and the 15amp in the dash keeps blowing, no burnt wires on the header WTF over any and all assistance appreciated. damitjim :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

What 15 amp fuse are you blowing in the dash? Put this in general tech for more views this place is very low traffic.

You can bypass the hotwire kit and hook up the factory way. You can ohm out the hotwire harness.

I did bypass the hw kit put it back to the factory wiring and tried the test FP gray wire and it blew the fuse in my tester as well saga continues tomorrow I recon,

im here for the PARTAY!

bad pump maybe or shorted wire between the pump and connector?

Shorted between the trunk plug and the plug at the pump...
I'm betting the plug at the pump/or nearby is fubar.
[Since you have changed power wires, the only item common, is now the jump from the trunk and the pump]
Unplug the pump.. still popping the fuse? Problem is then not at the pump.. it's further forward.
The grnd side of the pump is another place to look.

will be dropping the tank today thanks for the ideas and I will let you all know how it turns out.

Call off the dog'z turned out to be broke azz ground on factory harness, and FP relay go figure. appreciate the assist from all and especially gdnf2et. Damitjim dropped the dam tank for nothing oh well.

celebrated to soon still blowing fuses, damitjim pump works dropped tank and ran 12volts to it, back to square 1

Let us know what it turns out to be...

How old is the pump?Drawing too many amps? Any rodents eating off wire insulation?

Good Luck!:)

Fixed

will post some pics later but all I can say is it wasn't my time to go. could have blown up. pic's to follow, off to sack now.

Pictures

[/ATTACH]

Wasn't my time is all I have to say about this one. Appreciate the help from the Man.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D Now its time to tune her up.

Attachments

• Bare wires arcing inside gas tank.jpg
    Bare wires arcing inside gas tank.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 118
  • Another shot.jpg
    Another shot.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 83
Dangit.......what would cause that? maybe the connector was a little loose and caused overheating???

So I am guessing that the pump was drawing too many amps and that caused the melt down? Did you put in a new pump with the new harness?