Found this on a Zo6 forum

dont like wat some of those members are saying about the gn's:mad:

There really wasn't any negative comments about the GN except from a guy that had one. I think he is entitled to make remarks. It seems that mostly all of them respect the GN. The guys on the site seem really cool.
On a side note the Z06's are pretty much an awesome machine, that would destroy any GN that doen't have his A game, or isn't modded well.

Its just a bunch of BS. Typical troll that doesnt know chit about cars. There are trolls everywhere. There are a lot of bullchitters and liars on this forum. Even some of the more visible vendors are full of chit. The truth is the latest generation Z06 will hammer the chit out of 99% or more of the TR's you will find tooling around in street trim. It wouldnt even be close. For anyone doubting this chime in now and be prepared to post evidence of your kill. Good luck. Their wont be many of you.

even if its true it sucks.when my car is fixed and tune i cant wait to see how it holds up .i doubt the majority of z06 owners spent xtra money on modifying their cars after purchase if its over 500 hp but then again speed is an addiction..

Well, I owned a ZO6 albeit an 02' and frankly it just didn't do it for me. As for beating one, I say for the most part no-problemo! They are very hard cars to launch unlike the TR's and most don't know how to drive them, I've seen enough vette's run on the track and their times are pitiful...not the car, the driver and at the end of the day...we all know a driver can easily make the difference in a car that is a second or better slower. I can't wait to get my beast done (almost there!) and i joyfully plan to take care of (1) 04' Cobra dude I can't stand, my buddies "nobody can beat me" 69' Chevelle and of course...the occasional Vette (that is a joke...their everywhere) I see lurking around :D

Its just a bunch of BS. Typical troll that doesnt know chit about cars. There are trolls everywhere. There are a lot of bullchitters and liars on this forum. Even some of the more visible vendors are full of chit. The truth is the latest generation Z06 will hammer the chit out of 99% or more of the TR's you will find tooling around in street trim. It wouldnt even be close. For anyone doubting this chime in now and be prepared to post evidence of your kill. Good luck. Their wont be many of you.

X2 . I drove an 06 that came through the auction and that car sh!ts and gits and the newer ones are faster?:eek: I thought my zr1 was fast till I drove the 06. I own one but I not a Corvette person. Your right on them hammering the chit out of unmodded or even modded gn's. If you do get beat at least your not the one who spent 75,000 on your car:biggrin: Its really comparing apples and oranges though.

X2 . I drove an 06 that came through the auction and that car sh!ts and gits and the newer ones are faster?:eek: I thought my zr1 was fast till I drove the 06. I own one but I not a Corvette person. Your right on them hammering the chit out of unmodded or even modded gn's. If you do get beat at least your not the one who spent 75,000 on your car:biggrin: Its really comparing apples and oranges though.
Apples to oranges for sure but even in a quarter mile a new Z06 stock will hammer 99% or more of the TR's you find driving around on the street. You would need to have a solid very low 11sec strip TR to run with a late stock Z06 for typical street encounters from a low roll. Not only that you would need to have your TR in the same tune and trim as at the strip. Saying you ran 10's or whatever at the strip with a 1.50 60' with slicks or DR's will not do you any good if you cant hook it on the street. The mph the Z06 posts stock is good for nearly mid 10's in a drag car. Most that encounter one of those on a highway wont now what hit them. It will be very humbling to say the least.

For typical street encounters w/ a ZO6 I believe (IMO) if one has a 12.00 second TR...actually 12.50 or better.. from a dead-stop "true" race, the TR will win at least 50% of the time or more!.....Try launching the ZO6, most people who drive them aint Motor Trend drivers, I've owned alot of fast cars and have gotten beat and also handed an ass-whooping to guy's who had cars that i KNOW made more power. I spank the chit out of almost anyone that pulls up to my 69' Bee and that is at best..a low 12 second car however it is a well setup Automatic and i know how to launch it. I do agree a totally stock TR is no match but how many of them are running around looking to have fun :D
As for the highway races, that's not my thing so no rebuttal there and I would imagine the Z, like the Viper would dominate that average 12.00 TR but let's face it....that ain't racing! anyone can mash the gas at 65mph...takes no skill other than a strong ankle :cool:

Its funny reading how bent those guys get over a GN beating up on one of their ZO6's....lol

I also like how they think they will walk TR's on the highway. I say bring it on! Stop, roll, whatever..... except corners of course.:p

The 2011 SS Z09 is one nice car and i have to agree it will whoop up on TR's even though i wish it couldnt! 750hp:eek:

For typical street encounters w/ a ZO6 I believe (IMO) if one has a 12.00 second TR...actually 12.50 or better.. from a dead-stop "true" race, the TR will win at least 50% of the time or more!.....Try launching the ZO6, most people who drive them aint Motor Trend drivers, I've owned alot of fast cars and have gotten beat and also handed an ass-whooping to guy's who had cars that i KNOW made more power. I spank the chit out of almost anyone that pulls up to my 69' Bee and that is at best..a low 12 second car however it is a well setup Automatic and i know how to launch it. I do agree a totally stock TR is no match but how many of them are running around looking to have fun :D
As for the highway races, that's not my thing so no rebuttal there and I would imagine the Z, like the Viper would dominate that average 12.00 TR but let's face it....that ain't racing! anyone can mash the gas at 65mph...takes no skill other than a strong ankle :cool:
You may believe that but ive seen several Z06 cars run 11.80 or quicker multiple passes with everything stock. A drag radial and a little aggressive shifting would net 11.0 with little effort. Ive seen a few nearly stock appearing TR's run 10's in street trim with easy foot brake launches. You never know what your going to get but one thing you can be sure of with a late Z06 is that it has the power to weight ratio to trap at least 125mph even if its stock. This is usually more than enough to trump and 12 sec ride een with terrible traction. Ive seen a lot of early Mopars running 11's on hard as a rock street radials too. That can be very humbling when you have DR's on a car that runs low 12's at the strip and you get spanked by a car with chit tires on it. From my experiences trying to run faster than 11.50 without ballast and a good launch control on hard street radials can be an incredible challenge. Even with low 10 sec power its not easily done and is a lot more dangerous than it may seem.

I also like how they think they will walk TR's on the highway

Theyre wrong they wont walk away they will run away from most. If i had any less than 9 sec power in a TR i would not want any part of a Z06 on the highway.

Funny.

Although still haven't seen one on a forum that tops the Green Viper guy saying how he spanked a vette, and turned out to be a fellow viper members wife on the same site that didn't even race him.
I still get a laugh out of that one!

I remember that from a few years back. That was classic!!

Maybe the newer Z's are easier to launch...dont really know, I know my 02' Z was almost impossible to launch...much like my 99' Poopstang that did 529 rwhp. Yes, a drag radial/good driver on the street w/ a Z would definitely be a problem but I gotta stick to my beliefs I've seen so many times on the late night streets of Philly...it's the driver just as much as the car. Now u got me wanting a newer Z Bison :D

Theyre wrong they wont walk away they will run away from most. If i had any less than 9 sec power in a TR i would not want any part of a Z06 on the highway.
How many ZO6's do we see at the track EVER pulling a 10 second pass let alone a 9 second pass? How many? I have yet to see even ONE! The race is over in 2-3 seconds from a highway roll so running away from a well built TR ain't happening. Ur car, my car or anything with a similar build.

A Rat race maybe over a longer distance but that's only because they are more aerodynamic and are safer to drive at those speeds for longer periods of time.

Look at the Banford Video that Ted posted. That was a highway roll and was over in about two seconds like any highway roll race would be.

How many ZO6's do we see at the track EVER pulling a 10 second pass let alone a 9 second pass? How many? I have yet to see even ONE! The race is over in 2-3 seconds from a highway roll so running away from a well built TR ain't happening. Ur car, my car or anything with a similar build.

A Rat race maybe over a longer distance but that's only because they are more aerodynamic and are safer to drive at those speeds for longer periods of time.

Look at the Banford Video that Ted posted. That was a highway roll and was over in about two seconds like any highway roll race would be.

Thats why i said 99%. Some fall into the 1% that have the power out mph a Z06. The chances of a Z06 coming up against one of the 1% in the real world is quite slim. The other 99% will get walked all over from speeds of 60mph or more. Imagine what would happen to an unsuspecting dope who tried to get a piece of this car:YouTube - World Record C5 Corvette IRS Run 8.54@163.95-Sold

Stock suspension:eek: An older one but still an animal.

Blah! Guess I'm just not a Vette guy although I've owned (3) of them..I think they are awesome cars but I can HONESTLY say I've never been beat by one. I've probably raced 5-6 of them through my times on the steet and never had much of a challenge in the various cars I've owned...maybe when my current GN is done I will get my ass handed to me (doubt it :D ) And Bison, Please know I am not trying to rebut you, your knowledge and advice are invaluable and I have complete respect for you..just having some fun and.....screw them vettes :biggrin:

Thats why i said 99%. Some fall into the 1% that have the power out mph a Z06. The chances of a Z06 coming up against one of the 1% in the real world is quite slim. The other 99% will get walked all over from speeds of 60mph or more. Imagine what would happen to an unsuspecting dope who tried to get a piece of this car:YouTube - World Record C5 Corvette IRS Run 8.54@163.95-Sold

Stock suspension:eek: An older one but still an animal.
How are you defining out MPH'ing? Top speed? Top speed over a long distance? Of course I agree with the fact that most all will mph better over a distance.

But, just because it's a highway roll race does not mean it won't be over in a few seconds. A few minutes might be a different story but how many races last a few minutes? In fact, how many races last longer then 5 seconds?

I hardly think it's 1%. We see TR's go 10's on a regular basis at the track. We see ZO6's NEVER go 10's.

Granted, there are obviously more ZO6's on the road but how many TR's on this borad can make a 10 second pass vs. how many ZO6's on the Vette board can make a 10 second pass?

They may out number TR 1000 to 1 but I would still guarentee there are more TR's pullen 10's then ZO6's. So running away from 99% of TR's I would have to strongly disagree. Stock to stock of course they will. But how many TR's are stock these days?

I have beaten both the LS6 Z06 and stocker LS7 Z06 in street matches.

With the LS7 in particular, once they get into 3rd gear, you need to be ready to end the race quick, because they will run you down in a hurry.

In a 1/4 mile run off, a good running mid/high 11 Turbo Buick can keep an LS7 Z06 back there long enough to win it even tho' the Z06 will have 10+mph on you at the traps.

A couple months back, I watched one friend get his best run on street radials in his stock 02 Z06. He pulled a 12.80...I forget what his mph was.

That same day, another friend was there in his LS7 Z06 with an exhaust kit, drag radials and exhaust dumps and a mild cam, he was making over 510HP at the wheels. His first run was an 11.70 at about 125mph. He and I were supposed to race, but before it could happen he hurt his clutch. His biggest struggle was launching the thing....but once it was hooked up, it took off like a rocket.
My best time of the day is below in my sig, but I could have done better with a couple more lbs of max boost and by launching with a couple more lbs of boost. I'm guessing I'd be good for a sub 11.5 run.

His best 8th from a couple weeks before the above was a 7.30 in 65 degree evening air. Again...he struggled to launch well. He is a very experienced 1/4 mile racer.

How are you defining out MPH'ing? Top speed? Top speed over a long distance? Of course I agree with the fact that most all will mph better over a distance.

But, just because it's a highway roll race does not mean it won't be over in a few seconds. A few minutes might be a different story but how many races last a few minutes? In fact, how many races last longer then 5 seconds?

I hardly think it's 1%. We see TR's go 10's on a regular basis at the track. We see ZO6's NEVER go 10's.

Granted, there are obviously more ZO6's on the road but how many TR's on this borad can make a 10 second pass vs. how many ZO6's on the Vette board can make a 10 second pass?

They may out number TR 1000 to 1 but I would still guarentee there are more TR's pullen 10's then ZO6's. So running away from 99% of TR's I would have to strongly disagree. Stock to stock of course they will. But how many TR's are stock these days?
Like i said. A 10 sec pass at the drag strip doesnt mean chit when comparing the 2 cars. These are street cars were comparing here i hope. The Z06 with a lousy driver and bone stock will knock off 11.80's@125+mph all day long on the street with little effort. Yes the Z06 will out mph more than 99% of the TR's you see on the street and by a large margin. Owners of Z06 cars dont typically care what their car runs in the quarter. Therefore you wont see many of them knocking off spectacular times in the quarter not to mention there are a lot less of them heavily modified than TR's and they are about a 20 year newer car and worth a lot more than a TR so you just arent going to see many of them around with a bunch of modification. They will run a lot closer to their drag strip time on the street than a 10 sec TR will that is use to leaving hard at the strip with DR's or drag slicks. Apparently a lot of guys think their 10 sec TR's are capable of similar times on the street. They surely are not in almost all instances. If you want to know take every 10 sec TR you can find with a the 60' time posted and if its faster than 1.9 add .2 to the quarter e.t. for every tenth faster in 60' time to get a comparison of what you going to expect on the street. 10.70 with a 1.50 becomes 11.50. Now take off some more for less aggressive "street" (or conservative as some say:rolleyes:) or fat ass wife or gf in the passenger seat, heavy street rims and tires on the car, etc. 11.50 becomes high 11. You will see just how hard it is to use the power effectively on the street soon. Throw some DR's on a Z06 and a 100 shot ($900 worth of mods) and you will have a really hard time on the street with it even with a TR that has run high 9's at the strip. Traction on the street is so much different than at the strip trying to compare a cars street potential based off of drag strip e.t. on a hard launching car is not accurate at all.

Like i said. A 10 sec pass at the drag strip doesnt mean chit when comparing the 2 cars. These are street cars were comparing here i hope. The Z06 with a lousy driver and bone stock will knock off 11.80's@125+mph all day long on the street with little effort. Yes the Z06 will out mph more than 99% of the TR's you see on the street and by a large margin. Owners of Z06 cars dont typically care what their car runs in the quarter. Therefore you wont see many of them knocking off spectacular times in the quarter not to mention there are a lot less of them heavily modified than TR's and they are about a 20 year newer car and worth a lot more than a TR so you just arent going to see many of them around with a bunch of modification. They will run a lot closer to their drag strip time on the street than a 10 sec TR will that is use to leaving hard at the strip with DR's or drag slicks. Apparently a lot of guys think their 10 sec TR's are capable of similar times on the street. They surely are not in almost all instances. If you want to know take every 10 sec TR you can find with a the 60' time posted and if its faster than 1.9 add .2 to the quarter e.t. for every tenth faster in 60' time to get a comparison of what you going to expect on the street. 10.70 with a 1.50 becomes 11.50. Now take off some more for less aggressive "street" (or conservative as some say:rolleyes:) or fat ass wife or gf in the passenger seat, heavy street rims and tires on the car, etc. 11.50 becomes high 11. You will see just how hard it is to use the power effectively on the street soon. Throw some DR's on a Z06 and a 100 shot ($900 worth of mods) and you will have a really hard time on the street with it even with a TR that has run high 9's at the strip. Traction on the street is so much different than at the strip trying to compare a cars street potential based off of drag strip e.t. on a hard launching car is not accurate at all.
A ZO6 with a 100 shot will put down about 550 to the wheels. That's an every day modified TR these days. 99% aint runnen away from a TR with a 100 shot. DR's or not.