Found this on a Zo6 forum

That's an every day modified TR these days.
LMAO! Dont the owners wish. Not the norm i see posted around here. I see a lot of potential but thats it. Id say 425 to the wheels for the most typical modified with a decent tune on it but im likely a little high. Very very few ever hit 500 to the wheels and if they do they rarely run them that hard on the street. You might want to rethink that 100 shot calculation on the Z06 too. That thing will be even more of a bruiser with 550 to the wheels. Most do 450 to the wheels stock. A 100 shot will put it over 525 to the wheels even in the crapiest air and very rich. A 3200lb vette with 500+whp. You can do the math. 135+mph trap speeds. At 550 it will do high 130's with the light weight and aero.

I gotta chime my lil butt back in here :redface: I could care less what a ZO6 runs at the track, street or dirt road...most Z owners are guys w/ money that buy them because they can flaunt their high-dollar Vette around. Most of the TR owners I've met that are into their cars performance are car guys that turn their own wrenches and KNOW how to drive them....if you put (2) equal drivers in a Z and a TR then yes, the Z would have the advantage assuming the TR has "bolt on" typical mods done but...I am gonna put my money on the modded TR guy being a better driver most of the time based on the guys I've met so far and talked with. I do think the Z has more potential but on the street...with the Z getting poo-poo traction...You said it yourself "we are talking about on the street", most TR guys will launch so well the Z won't have a chance before the race is over....can't wait till mine is done, I am going Z hunting :cool:

LMAO! Dont the owners wish. Not the norm i see posted around here. I see a lot of potential but thats it. Id say 425 to the wheels for the most typical modified with a decent tune on it but im likely a little high. Very very few ever hit 500 to the wheels and if they do they rarely run them that hard on the street. You might want to rethink that 100 shot calculation on the Z06 too. That thing will be even more of a bruiser with 550 to the wheels. Most do 450 to the wheels stock. A 100 shot will put it over 525 to the wheels even in the crapiest air and very rich. A 3200lb vette with 500+whp. You can do the math. 135+mph trap speeds. At 550 it will do high 130's with the light weight and aero.
LMAO! Were not referring to what a cars top speed will be. We have already been over that. We are referring to a highway roll and how a ZO6 will fair against a well modified TR over a 4-5 second race. And I'm not referring to 1% of them:rolleyes:. How many TR's has Otto dynoed over the past 6 months? How many were making 415 hp? One maybe two? My point exactly!

Even ur Blue car made over 550 hp and that has nothing more done to it then 1/2 the modified TR's out there. It's basically ur daily driver. You think a ZO6 is gonna run away from ur blue car? Not a chance!

GNBRETT...I'll give ya a call when mine is done and we can go Z hunting together :biggrin:

LMAO! Were not referring to what a cars top speed will be. We have already been over that. We are referring to a highway roll and how a ZO6 will fair against a well modified TR over a 4-5 second race. And I'm not referring to 1% of them:rolleyes:. How many TR's has Otto dynoed over the past 6 months? How many were making 415 hp? One maybe two? My point exactly!

Even ur Blue car made over 550 hp and that has nothing more done to it then 1/2 the modified TR's out there. It's basically ur daily driver. You think a ZO6 is gonna run away from ur blue car? Not a chance!
Fwiw the blue car made approx 500whp. It is not that common around here to find 500+whp TR's driving around on the street. That car has heads, cam, XFI, and a lot of tuning time as well of a lot of street time with me behind the wheel. The Z06 would be a handful from a 60mph roll even with that car. Im sure id take it through 3rd but thats about it. Most of the TR's that came into Otto's made much less than 400whp. Some left with more. Some left with a lot more. Most of the TR's run a lot worse than the owners think as evidenced by the poor state of tune most have. Read the sigs and look at the e.t.'s. Most are way off and should be running much quicker. Its funny sometimes when i read the threads in the time slip and combo section and one person comments on how well the think someone else car ran when theyre saying it wasnt even turned up. So why dont they f'in turn it up? Most of them run like turds so i just keep my comments to myself. Cars with 66mm or larger compressors running high 10's or slower and they think that is good :rolleyes:. The 1% is an over estimate. Its less than 1%. Take a look around.

It's not common to find a TR anywhere actually. I guess we will find out soon enough tho.

Well I guess I should jump in seeing as I personally have raced a 2006 ZO6 with a procharger pushing 8psi, in my old GN. From a dig the Z was useless and from a roll it was very impressive but the ol GN stayed glued to his drivers door all the way up to 170 mph and thats when the GN started "Floating" all over the place, sucking the windows out.. :eek: "Scared the living S**t out of me!" We then went from a 30-35 mph roll, I jumped a half car on him and kept it! The owner of the Z is a good friend of mine and he said to me he could not belive how I stuck with him.. This was done on a old airport runway for a photoshoot...

My old GN was built pretty good however but never had it on a dyno so I will never know what it had for RWHP. I drove it all the time on the street, Autocrossed it and we even drove it to BG for 3 yrs and back with my son. We drove it all the time and I have to say, On the street it was plain scary! BTW I was running 23lbs of boost, 93 octane with Dual nozle Alky Control's set up...

•Stock crank
•Stock rods
•J & E pistons polydyne coated w/ ceramic tops
•Steel caps on 2 & 3 w/ ARP studs
•M & A aluminum heads / race ported / wire locked (Off "SixShooter)
•Crower 1.60 roller rockers
•Race ported Intake
•Hemco plenum – race version
•70mm Acufab Throttle body
•221/218 @ .050 525lift / 112 lobe sep - cam
•Polydyne coated bearings: Rod, Main, Cam
•Stainless Steel Kenne Bell headers
•85lb Delphi Injectors
•3” Terry Houston stainless steel down pipe
•Precision 70GTQ W/.85 exhaust housing
•H/D waste gate actuator
•Precision stock location Intercooler
•RJC power plate
•3” LS1 maf
* H&R Bar
*3800 NLU Art-Carr converter (Hated it!!)
* T-Pro tuned by (Turbo Dave)

•Stock crank
•Stock rods
•Race ported Intake
•85lb Delphi Injectors
•H/D waste gate actuator
•RJC power plate
•3” LS1 maf
* H&R Bar

600+whp with the crank flexing like a bitch. 23psi was a good safe point. The Z06 should have really handed it to you over 120mph. I suspect the Z06 had some tuning issues if you were able to keep up with him at speeds approaching 170mph.

It's not common to find a TR anywhere actually. I guess we will find out soon enough tho.

There is usually a hand full cruising around the Berlin Tpke on Saturday night. The last time i saw that i knew was over 500hp other than my own on the street was at Hooters 2 summers ago when they had a TR car cruise up there. It was Turbo Bitts S2 86 T type. Other than that i have not seen any that i knew for sure were over 500hp oir ran e.t.s that would indicate that much power. Some of them could have been but not likely. I have seen at least 2 non v6 powered nasty GN's around CT that had N2O Chevy engines in them. One night we were at Blockbuster and there were about 6 TR's parked there and some little a$$hole pulled up in his new Z06 and said that those cars only look good when theyre parked. Unfortuately i could say nothing since i had neither of my cars present. No one there had enough to take the Z06. If i had something there i would have humiliated him in front of his gf. No biggie since im sure later that night she found out the car was an extension of his penis anyway.

Z06's are hard to launch. The clutch fluid needs weekly maintenance. Don't forget the Z06 is usually running pump gas and tons of fun to drive, even if the top is fixed. I'm on my 3rd clutch in my 70k mile 385 hp 01 Z06 that only runs 12's. Just mounted some Nitto NT01 tires today and it handles infinitely better than any near stock gbody.

600+whp with the crank flexing like a bitch. 23psi was a good safe point. The Z06 should have really handed it to you over 120mph. I suspect the Z06 had some tuning issues if you were able to keep up with him at speeds approaching 170mph.
Yeah I can just imagine what that crank looked like while doing that... I don't think the Z had tuning issues as he had someplace do it for him like Vengance racing or something. Anyway with that cam and that turbo with the .85 exhaust housing My car kept pulling like MAD at those speeds! I never felt anything like it and will NEVER do that again... The "floating" was an experiance I do not wish to experiance again.. lol

Last time to BG my son and I drove it there and on 20lbs boost (just like we drove it there) it went 124 mph on regular falcon street tires!

Kicking Z06 A$$ with a 109 block street car on unleaded & alky

:cool: It was November of 2006 at a MIR track rental in Maryland when Ranger (Corvette hero) was the first to get into the 10's with an unmodified LS7, 10.8 something was his best that perfect November day and I was there with my WE4 runing 10.1 @131 with a flaring second to third 2004R trans which would shut the motor off for a second on the shift and launching at 4 psi of boost on the foot brake which would net me a 1.46 60 ft. on new 275/60 MT drag radials. OH and I was running 20 psi of boost most of the way down the track but crossed the line at 21 psi.

My goal was to get into the 9's at 20 psi with OEM block, 2004R, air, etc. no trans brake true street car which may of happen had the trans not been flaring; it hurt my mph/ET.

There were a few LS7's there that day and I wanted to kick all their a$$es with my every day driver but the track was only running one lane all day at that rental. :biggrin:

PS: I was still using a gutted stock MAF sensor at that time and still using Poston exhaust manifolds.

Edit: You can see my last TA engine build on the other site in the stage section if you have not seen it.

The Z06 Vettes are amazing cars without a doubt. Wanna know whats more amazing... them being neverous when a 25 year old V6 powerd Buick is approaching!

I have pounded a C6 on the highway and know how to get in contact with a C6 Z06. He's not on the high horse because he has it either, I'm sure if I call him out it will be a 50% chance of him declining the challenge. I have has plenty of street encounters with modded LS cars. None have won yet. Luck...maybe. I am always behind (jumped) due to spool up and come past them. They shut down first. What does that tell ya?:D

I'm more interested in racing a Viper or a Ford GT. I ran up on a Ford GT on the highway 2 weeks ago. It was about midnight, but his beauty queen was asleep in the passenger seat. Had to respect that, saved one of our butts...:p I have yet to see any ZR1s out. Call me dumb, stupid or whatever but I have to feel its a car that could and should beat me to race. The C6 was so easy the Z06 and its 100 extra HP does not seem like a threat, and nope I dont have a 9 second car!

WOW!

2-3 second highway races

500 HP GN's on every corner

Buick regals doing 170MPH

Must be those twin turbo-FBI-spec-only secret squirrel T Types

That is some funny stuff:eek:

Salt Flat car

Well I guess I should jump in seeing as I personally have raced a 2006 ZO6 with a procharger pushing 8psi, in my old GN. From a dig the Z was useless and from a roll it was very impressive but the ol GN stayed glued to his drivers door all the way up to 170 mph and thats when the GN started "Floating" all over the place, sucking the windows out.. :eek: "Scared the living S**t out of me!" We then went from a 30-35 mph roll, I jumped a half car on him and kept it! The owner of the Z is a good friend of mine and he said to me he could not belive how I stuck with him.. This was done on a old airport runway for a photoshoot...

My old GN was built pretty good however but never had it on a dyno so I will never know what it had for RWHP. I drove it all the time on the street, Autocrossed it and we even drove it to BG for 3 yrs and back with my son. We drove it all the time and I have to say, On the street it was plain scary! BTW I was running 23lbs of boost, 93 octane with Dual nozle Alky Control's set up...

•Stock crank
•Stock rods
•Race ported Intake
•85lb Delphi Injectors
•H/D waste gate actuator
•RJC power plate
•3” LS1 maf
* H&R Bar

I have a couple ? as I'm in the process of setting my car up for the Salt Flats. What height tire were you running? What rear gear ratio? What RPM @ 170 MPH. I see you have listed a N/L convertor. Thanks

I have a couple ? as I'm in the process of setting my car up for the Salt Flats. What height tire were you running? What rear gear ratio? What RPM @ 170 MPH. I see you have listed a N/L convertor. Thanks
Slat Flats? Very cool!!!
The tires were 17'' Falcon Ziex Z rated tires, The gear was the stock 3:42's, The RPM - ?? Have No idea, Too scared to look down... lol

SW.

WOW!

2-3 second highway races

500 HP GN's on every corner

Buick regals doing 170MPH

Must be those twin turbo-FBI-spec-only secret squirrel T Types

That is some funny stuff:eek:

lol