Found the AC leak ,now need this hose !!!

gczarny

fast is cool !
so I found my slow AC leak at last ,it's a hair like line crack in AC suction/discharge hose assy. by AC compressor ,need new hose assy . tried GM ,Autozone ,Advance auto ,Peb Boys ,NAPA ,few places on line ,everybody has listing for N/A 3.8L but NOT for our turbo 3.8L angine ,some has catalog errors and insist that they have right hose till you ask them ......is it 6 feet long or just 3 feet long ? ...then you know they only have short -3 foot hose for N/A 3.8 L ,ANYBODY knows where to buy one for our turbo cars NEW ? any used ones out there as last resort ? thanks

Check Gbody Parts. The last time I checked they have them, but they are a bit pricey for that assembly IMO. My buddy just got some from a boardmemeber for $80 shipped. You might have better luck with that. I needed a set and I took mine off and took them to an A/C shop and got them rebuilt for $50. Either way you should be able to find some...

I have my old/new hose assy. It is good to the compressor & to the rubber hoses & to the condenser. I cut the fitting off to the accumulator drier.

You can get the drier end off your original installed at any truck air conditioner place.

Where are you located?

I only need shipping $, however it'll give you what you need to get your AC up again.

I ended up having my original rehosed. I blow 37* at left center vent with R12.

I tried repairing an aluminum AC line with one of those aluminum weld products. It did not go well. I wound up replacing the line anyway. Maybe you will have better luck with it then I did.