forgetting

T-Type85David

i have this in my trunk along with other misc parts
Should i put this in??? i would post this in for sale but who would really want it and for how much?? anybody know some backgournd on this item?? thanks
l_ea737e7ca6f24aa5865f09514dbdb27f.jpg

i have this in my trunk along with other misc parts
Should i put this in??? i would post this in for sale but who would really want it and for how much?? anybody know some backgournd on this item?? thanks
l_ea737e7ca6f24aa5865f09514dbdb27f.jpg

The Translator pictured is a $180 part and is very valuable. This part enables you to use the new LS1 and LT1 MAF sensors with the the 86/87 ECM. Remember-there are now no new 86/87 MAF- only reman crap. Keep the translator I as well as many others will help you with the conversion. Takes about 20 minutes max once you have the 87 ECM and the new MAF. Good find. Brad

I did a little more research and your translator is an earlier model. Mine is a version 6.25 and includes the connectors. Either way keep your translator and eventually install. When it comes with the car you can't go wrong. Caspers has the connectors. Brad

This is a MAF translator?? i found this in my trunk n thought nothing of it, i had a MAF LT1 camero translator n sold it, i didn't know i could have gotten an adaptor for it:mad: So yeah im stock maf n running good, real nice. The drop n K&N works great, when i have spectre air filter on there. car wants to die out, guessing not enough fuel or TO MUCH for the stock to handle(sum bout grams) n it runs UGLY!!!! :mad: with a drop in its smooth n GREAT, tho i will upgrade to a translator n LS1/LT1 MAF.

I think when i got this car i (3yrs or so ago idk) i asked someone about this n they said i could mest with my timing or something Dont remember:confused: well if this is a translator then :biggrin: i got a ported LS1 MAF around.

Brad, thanks for the help, I was planning on doing the ECM convert had to sell sell sell:mad: at the time:frown: For now my car is has been running great no problems other then small stuff n minus the turbo giving out, I paid 530 for a rebuild, new shaft, wheels,bearings, Dynamic seals(or whichever are better) 360 bearing etc etc, Again my OLD throttle body, the bracket was BENT i DIDN"T HAVE WOT!! really i could so you some pics crazy IDK how the hell someone bent that. So now i got a cleaned up spare TB with 100 WOT :biggrin:

Thanks again hate to ripp my own thread haha

CAN some of you HA guys post a vid of IDK IDLE, cruzing what not, engine bay at idle burnout whatever floats your buick.

"hold the phone" oh its a translator just not a PLUG N PLAY oh ok , then :cool: thanks brad i was like Spark translator??? oh its a older model but still works ok ok:D it comes with instructions.

Im gonna re read the instructions n drink my full throttle fury orange flavor drink:D
Hey now i remember your the one who told me about this a long LONG time ago i think yeah
Let me give it a shot n let you guys know, thanks again brad was about to sell the sucker :eek: haha thanks

I bet i can Cut my factory connetors, cut a spare LS1 or LT1 connetor n solder it all up to plug n play :) tho i will check 4 times before cutting to make sure

"hold the phone" oh its a translator just not a PLUG N PLAY oh ok , then :cool: thanks brad i was like Spark translator??? oh its a older model but still works ok ok:D it comes with instructions.

Im gonna re read the instructions n drink my full throttle fury orange flavor drink:D
Hey now i remember your the one who told me about this a long LONG time ago i think yeah
Let me give it a shot n let you guys know, thanks again brad was about to sell the sucker :eek: haha thanks

I bet i can Cut my factory connetors, cut a spare LS1 or LT1 connetor n solder it all up to plug n play :) tho i will check 4 times before cutting to make sure

I don't think this unit will work with the MAF, it is for spark only.
Pull the cover of the box and post a close-up pic.
If it is "spark only", get rid of it!

Here it the deal.
The spark translator was designed to adjust “spark timing” before the chip technology allowed it. (Not even sure it works with a TT chip)
This "timing adjust" feature was later combined with the “Translator”.

To adjust spark timing, you can use your “future” TT chip. (Shameless plug for Eric :biggrin: )
THAT is the way you want to do it, instead of adding another unit/variable.

If you go to a newer style MAF (strongly recommended) you need the MAF (duh) and the Translator. (About $325 for both)

You can also go SD (speed Density) which is “Maff-less” for $189.00
TurboTweak - Turbo Buick Custom Chips and Parts
Gives you infinite adjustability, but you need a GOOD scantool like PL

Whatever you decide, make sure you get a good chip that matches your combo!

Good luck!