Forged .20 over JE or Diamond's

• Forged JE

Votes: 17 53.1%
  • Forged Diamond

Votes: 15 46.9%

• Total voters

Stage 5

Tx Dark Blue T
I am considoring ordering one of these two brands of pistons in a forged .20 over. Which should we go with for the build on my brothers 87 GN! He is leaning towards the JE.With the cost not being an issue what would be the stronger piston for high boost with alky. Let's see the votes!

from what i was told, they are both machined from the same forgings. diamond pistons have a different shaped dish. i have run both and will agree that both are high quality pistons. you can not go wrong with either.

surej

from what i was told, they are both machined from the same forgings. diamond pistons have a different shaped dish. i have run both and will agree that both are high quality pistons. you can not go wrong with either.

surej

Yep. The Diamonds have valve reliefs machined in them. The JEs are shaped like the stock pistons. Can't go wrong with either.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

clearance

I would check what the recommended clearance are for both pistons. I am thinking that Diamonds require more piston to wall clearance than the J&E. Not sure.

I would check what the recommended clearance are for both pistons. I am thinking that Diamonds require more piston to wall clearance than the J&E. Not sure.

the sheet that came with my Diamond stroker pistons calls for a min clearance of .0045".

So what would be good ring gaps for the JE pistons since the rings are file to fit?

I would also look at CP. I think they are one, if not the best, piston companies on the market.

Chris

with my experiance i have never used either one. i have sold a bunch of differant ones though. i really like the guys at diamond if i ever had a question from a customer. dave

have the JE's in mine have abosolutly no complaints, but my vote is for the diamonds, it looks like they would have better quench than the stock config. like the JE's, but both are the best of the best where quality is concerned.

JE all the way. Thats all ive used on all my Buicks and I consider all of em fast:D
In my latest project 400ci SB turbo charged again went with JE.