for those of you that have installed airbags...

BlackBeauty

I have a question. In the instructions, it tells you that if there isn't 2" clearance between the exhaust piping and the spring, to loosen the clamp and move the exhaust over:rolleyes: and install the heat shields. With my Hooker cat-back, I looked and there is about 2cm clearance, definitely not 2 inches. And there is a lot of area that is that close to the spring. Did you all install the heatshields? Like I said, they probably won't even help, because the exhaust goes up, curves above the rear axle, then comes down, the whole time it's close to the rear springs. Lookin' for what others have done... thanks.

I got a 3" dual exaust and I can barely stick my finger between the pipe and the spring, been on the car for about a year, no damage to the bags.

my exhaust is closer that 2" and i dont use a heatshield on either side. no probs so far. just make sure the air hose that plumbs to the bag isnt touching the exhaust pipe. it melts really fast :D I should know. hehe.

I used the heat shield to help save my rear control arm bushing.

I had about 1 1/2" clearance with my 2 1/2" pipes.

No problems in over 2 years.

I have the hooker exhaust--i just used the heat sheilds and let it roll----still doing great.

Geoff Hall

Thanks for all the helpful replies. Now, after I jacked up the car and lowered the suspension, and have jacked up the suspension again after installing the bags, the pass. side exhaust hits the spring on that side. I will try to figure that one out. Maybe that's why my car squeaks.

Black Beauty

I just installed my air bags the other day and had about 1" clearance. I ordered some insulating header wrap from PAW for $39.00 . Probably would'nt be a good idea if you drove in the rain alot though. It might rust out your exhaust. I do'nt have to worry too much here in So Cal :) . Good luck.