For the 4L80E guys.

Dusty Bradford

After some time of working on this deal, it is now available. My 9.5 can now be mated to the 80E if the trans is built as a non lock. It was ran into the low 8's on drag week. This will now give the V6 guys with the 80E the option to have the quick spool and tight efficiency of the 9.5.

That's great news for the Buick community! I loved my NL 9.5. Is this a good option for a turbo LQ4 with a 4l80e?

Nice . Way to keep the parts moving forward.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

That's great news for the Buick community! I loved my NL 9.5. Is this a good option for a turbo LQ4 with a 4l80e?

Yes it is. We have always been limited to the GM lock-up cores which were 245mm and 265mm. The turbo V8's don't have an issue spooling the 245mm but it doesn't couple well when getting in to the low 9's and high 8's. Once the V6 made enough power to run 9's, the 245 has to be made pretty tight which led to spooling issues. The 265 wasn't an option for the V6 because it could never spool it. The turbo V8's can run the 265mm in a lock up into the 8's but it is harder to spool than the 9.5 non lock that I prefer for these 9 second and faster combo's.

hmmm... I have a good canddiate to try one of these converters in a SII / SII headed car. that is if I can't convince him to get rid of the trans altogether. I wonder how much this might help if any the big HP draw that 4l80e's seem to have.

It won't change that. It will only help the issue of hard spool-up and/or high slip converters that limited certain builds. Previously the core we had to use might be efficient but very hard to spool or would spool easily but have high slip numbers. Basically the same issue any lock-up style converter will have once you begin driving through it. This 9.5 will spool faster and slip very little.