For Sale: Virgin 3.8 stage block

Interested in any trades? Can this block be safely drilled out for two extra head bolts?

Responding for my brother...no trades, extra head and mains studs can be machined in this block.

Is this a stage 1 block or stage 2? i ll make offer after i talk with my engine builder. thanks

Matt, if you buy this we can grab it at BG and bring it back this way to save shipping if you want to wait till then

49-blues said:
Is this a stage 1 block or stage 2? i ll make offer after i talk with my engine builder. thanks

I think it is considered a stage 1, because the extra main and head holes are not tapped in.

Mike B

Would this block accept production crank,rods,pistons or would i have to use different rods and pistons and maybe use my eagle production style crank? Wouldnt the rod length be different than a production block? I have a new eagle crank, K1 rods already for a new build up.

49-blues said:
Would this block accept production crank,rods,pistons or would i have to use different rods and pistons and maybe use my eagle production style crank? Wouldnt the rod length be different than a production block? I have a new eagle crank, K1 rods already for a new build up.

Yes, this block is the perfect block to use as you can use the stock componets and oiling system if you want. The block in dimensionally the same as the production 3.8 blocks aside from the extra "beef" in the key areas. There will be no surprizes with this piece.

An eagle crank an K1 rods will fit nicely and leave you with the stock cubic inch.But as strong as needed for an extremely reliable short block