For sale 1987 T-Type, Show Condition

That's implied when posting on a public message board...

You mean to say it is your opinion that a member that posts something for sale expects to discuss it? How long do you think it would take for members to quit posting parts for sale or get PO'd if we all had an opinion on his sale price. I figured it was just as it sounds. This is my car and it's for sale. Buy it or don't buy it. Just my personal view of it, but I think I will start a seperate thread and have a poll to see how many members see it your way. I am not sure. Maybe you are the majority. At least this ad gets to the top more often and doesn't get buried. lol

You mean to say it is your opinion that a member that posts something for sale expects to discuss it? How long do you think it would take for members to quit posting parts for sale or get PO'd if we all had an opinion on his sale price. I figured it was just as it sounds. This is my car and it's for sale. Buy it or don't buy it. Just my personal view of it, but I think I will start a seperate thread and have a poll to see how many members see it your way. I am not sure. Maybe you are the majority. At least this ad gets to the top more often and doesn't get buried. lol

I know you didn't just ask if a member that posts something for sale expects to discuss it :confused:

I would think that anyone who posts something for sale would expect to discuss it. How many times have you bought something and asked no questions and made no comments? Its all part of the selling/buying process. Anytime I sell something I fully expect to discuss the item for sale with any potential buyers and I also anticipate their feedback, good and bad. Again, its all part of the preocess.

So to answer your question, I and probably many others do think that when you post something for sale on a FORUM, you will or should expect to discuss it. :rolleyes:

Is this a ricer or a mustang forum? You guys are sure acting like it is. This is THE TURBOBUICK FORUM. This forum has always been the most stand up forum because buick guys and gals have class. Please put all the BS aside and help our fellow buick guy get his car sold!!!!! I don't post on this site but I sure as hell read and search all the information I can from you guys, without this forum I would be lost with my buick and I just hope that the non BS stuff continues. Lets start over fresh with this guy and maybe the senior guys can advise this guy regarding price, the current market for our cars etc. Lets face it the economy is tough and these cars aren't bringing what they used to, but all in all he still is a fellow buick owner. The next time I am driving my T and see another GN or a T I want to be feel confident that if I throw a wave their way I will get one back, and not a smirk. Just my 2cents.

Is this a ricer or a mustang forum? You guys are sure acting like it is. This is THE TURBOBUICK FORUM. This forum has always been the most stand up forum because buick guys and gals have class. Please put all the BS aside and help our fellow buick guy get his car sold!!!!! I don't post on this site but I sure as hell read and search all the information I can from you guys, without this forum I would be lost with my buick and I just hope that the non BS stuff continues. Lets start over fresh with this guy and maybe the senior guys can advise this guy regarding price, the current market for our cars etc. Lets face it the economy is tough and these cars aren't bringing what they used to, but all in all he still is a fellow buick owner. The next time I am driving my T and see another GN or a T I want to be feel confident that if I throw a wave their way I will get one back, and not a smirk. Just my 2cents.

If you are so proud of your classiness, then why are you slinging dirt on the Mustang crowd? Part of being classy is acting that way towards everyone and not a select few, which would make you pompus and arrogant. I happen to own a couple of Mustangs and have found the Mustang enthusiasts to be a welcoming bunch always willing to help, not unlike the buick guys here on this forum. Sorry if your experiences differed.

I agree we should respect our fellow members, but I think a few on here are getting worked up over nothing but what is common on a forum...you post something and you get comments & replies. I don't think anyone said anything malicious. In fact, I think almost everyone commented on what a nice car this guy has.

Stress is not a good thing. Learn to relax. :biggrin:

I am proud of my classiness because I own a buick. I also own a 79' Mercury Capri which I have owned longer than my Buick, and had a 91' mustang for several years. Sorry about the mustang comment, I guess I am sort of bashing myself. I quit going on the mustang forums because of what seemed to be rude comments etc. which is where this one seemed to go, I was speaking in line with what WLDWST was saying. That is all.

There sure are a bunch of a$$holes on this board. He can ask whatever he wants for it. I don't think he needs people telling him he will or will not get it. You all should be more mature then that....

Very nice car and I hope you get it!!!!

Someone needed to tell him,I would do the same for you..:rolleyes:

And do you want me telling you that you are way out of line on the price for your ROLLER TTA when I can pay the same price for a COMPLETE TTA with all the correct parts???

Exactly...

Ok I'm done before I sound like the rest of you.

And do you want me telling you that you are way out of line on the price for your ROLLER TTA when I can pay the same price for a COMPLETE TTA with all the correct parts???

Exactly...

Maybe you should not live off daddy"s money and get a job and see what the rest of the world see's as alot of $$$ for a high mile car,..and please a$$**** show me a TTA with perfect paint and all the correct parts for $5k..dick..how can you question anyone ,when life is handed to you...

Maybe you should not live off daddy"s money and get a job and see what the rest of the world see's as alot of $$$ for a high mile car,..and please a$$**** show me a TTA with perfect paint and all the correct parts for $5k..dick..how can you question anyone ,when life is handed to you...

Actually I have a job at GNC, have a little over a 4.0 GPA in school, play baseball for the school, and I participate in many clubs. Do my parents support me in everything I do? Hell ya. Do I earn it as well? Hell ya.

Nothing is handed to me...

But if you want to keep bashing me personally, go right ahead. My skin is pretty thick. ;)

Exactly...

HAHA! I bet you got one heck of a TTA for $5k. Hoenstly if I could find a TTA for $5K, I'd be all over it!

I'm in the market for another car or two so I always read the for sale posts. If I don't like the price I move on. I can't understand why people have to jump all over someone because he's asking what he thinks the car is worth.

He may be a little high but he does say "negotiable".

I'm in the market for another car or two so I always read the for sale posts. If I don't like the price I move on. I can't understand why people have to jump all over someone because he's asking what he thinks the car is worth.

X2 !!!

Good Luck with the Sale. If anything all this discussion is keeping this ad towards the top.

Very nice car, good luck with the sale is the proper spirit/attitude that I feel fellow Buick brothers should have when another puts his ride, parts, etc up for sale. "Going fast with class" is one of the regularly used Buick mottos. Beating someone down with negative comments because they feel that someone has priced something outside of what they personally think it's worth is not very classy. Attacking someone personally is also in contrast to the motto.

I have been vindicated. Thanks to some of you for backing up my original post and those that have said it from the start. Let the guy sell his car in peace. TTT by the way.