For sale 1987 T-Type, Show Condition

ForensicDoc

I see dead people!
1987 Buick Regal T-Type - power astroroof, power steering, power brakes, AC, rear window defroster, power seat, power windows and locks, cruise control, and limited slip. Always garaged, never driven in rain, southern car - no rust.

Charcoal gray with blackout, dealer installed rear spoiler, new paint, new badges on hood and trunk, new bumper filler panels, new hood shocks, front and rear kirban brace kit, new turbo 6 hood liner and custom embroidered hood liner.

Mileage 113,685

New main bearings, 89 TA crank, ported and polished heads, 210/205 cam, TA 51 turbo, aluminum turbo inlet bell, 36 PSI injectors, Duttweiler modified neck intercooler, aluminum vacuum block, oil filter adapter for large oil filter, Taylor 8mm plug wires, torque strap, K&N air filter, power plate, oil fill breather, polished aluminum mass airflow pipe, new radiator overflow and windshield fluid bottles, Terry Houston downpipe, new power master motor, 3" flowmaster exghaust with dump, heavy duty rear springs, drive shaft loop Art Carr transmission kit, new neoprene rear main seal, high performance in tank fuel pump, and LT1 ministarter. Motor work done around 2004

Lot's of chrome.

Older pioneer CD player, boost, fuel pressure water temp and oil pressure guages in console and A-pillar pods, new seat covers, custom head rest covers (2 sets), custom floor mats (2 sets), new head liner, new custom trunk carpet kit, aluminum horn ring, new carpet, new trunk weatherstrip, new molded door seals, new window weather strip, new driver door hinges, and body panels, doors and windows recently aligned.

What it needs: The rear seatback cover has a small hole in it which is patched, to be perfect a new seat cover is needed. The window weather stripping was put in only a few months ago and was very firm when installed. Due to this there is a small gap around the windows. The weather stripping is softening and the windows will have to be realigned to seat correctly.

Asking $27,000 negotiable. I have many more photos I can email.

Thanks for your interest,
John

Attachments

• SNC10504.jpg
    SNC10504.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 1,109
  • SNC10537.jpg
    SNC10537.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 1,101
  • SNC10517.jpg
    SNC10517.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 1,102
  • SNC10550.jpg
    SNC10550.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 1,101
I was thinking the same thing......let me see I can get a really low mile GN or a 113K mile T-type for the same price, what to do. I think more around 15K would be a good starting point.

yea, that's a nice car for sure, but i've been shopping around for a while and your price is way, way off base. I do love that color though, looks just like my old car.

I will entertain any reasonable offers, though I certainly don't consider 15K to be reasonable.

Wow, $27K for a T with 113K miles. Even if it's nice and has a rebuilt motor, good paint/interior, you are really going to have a very hard time getting any serious offers. I would start asking $15K and see if someone is dumb enough to pay that much.

BOY....even 15K to some people is to high. I agree I was just giving him the benefit of the doubt, but even for 15K I can get a 60K mile GN with the way the market is right now. Lets take a poll on if 27K is tooooooooooo much. Nice car though.

just went to Ebay to find that White T that had 6 thousand miles with a Buy it Now of $20K,and its sold,sure you guys seen that one,I should have bought it ,I could have sold it to ForesicDoc for $45K.....:biggrin:

I am just waiting for the typical d!ckheads to say "its only worth what someone is willing to pay",,I have to say in this market $14,500 to $15,500 and you will be waiting aloooong time to get that...sorry to burst your bubble..but like other said very nice and clean car..

Haha! Yeah I usually dont jump in on the "let's bash the guy that tries to sell his rusty hot air for $15K" threads but this did make me chuckle!

On another note, seriously nice car. It's hard to try to come up with a price for a car that you may have spent $30K or even up to $50K to make perfect. I'm in the same shoes with the Limited, I will have much more into it than I will be able to sell it for. Hell, I'm already at $20K into it plus all my time and effort. But it is going to be a serious show winner perfect car with 57K miles and I know I probably will take quite a hit on it.

I hate to say it but this is the first time i have commented on the price a member is asking for their car but $27,000.00 is crazy high. Yes the car looks very clean and well kept. 10-12k would be more in line! Good luck on your sale. If that car had a big stage 2 and was a low 10 mid 9 maybe!

I didn't see a Tell Me Your Opinion On The Price caption in the ad title. All I see is a nice car at a price offered by the seller. That's it. No wonder our prices are dropping. Listen to yourselves. If I was shopping for a Turbo Buick, I would think less of them by reading some of your comments.

I didn't see a Tell Me Your Opinion On The Price caption in the ad title. All I see is a nice car at a price offered by the seller. That's it. No wonder our prices are dropping. Listen to yourselves. If I was shopping for a Turbo Buick, I would think less of them by reading some of your comments.
Someone needed to tell him,I would do the same for you..:rolleyes:

Someone needed to tell him,I would do the same for you..:rolleyes:

This is just a point of discussion and not meant to antagonize anyone.
You are missing my point. Even if you think the price is too high, you or anyone else shouldn't have the right to crap all over a guys thread. I see this all the time in the parts for sale section. He has the right to ask whatever he wants. Some will criticize members that have GNX parts for sale. You can't imagine anyone paying those prices, but somehow they sell. I hope he gets his price. Unlikely in this economy, but I don't pound the guy for trying.

This is just a point of discussion and not meant to antagonize anyone.
You are missing my point. Even if you think the price is too high, you or anyone else shouldn't have the right to crap all over a guys thread. I see this all the time in the parts for sale section. He has the right to ask whatever he wants. Some will criticize members that have GNX parts for sale. You can't imagine anyone paying those prices, but somehow they sell. I hope he gets his price. Unlikely in this economy, but I don't pound the guy for trying.

Why are you getting so upset over the fact that people are commenting on a FORUM? Isn't that what forums are for? People buy things, sell things, ask questions and MAKE COMMENTS. I don't think anyone is bashing this guy. In fact, he has recieved many compliments on a really nice car, but if you are offended by what you are reading, maybe you should hop to another thread. Its pretty annoying when people chime in to tell all the others that posted that they should not have posted what they did. In my opinion (and I don't expect anyone to share it) this is tha market telling you what the value of your car should be or if its too high. What better place to get feedback on whether your price is too high on a Turbo T or GN than this forum?

Anyway, enough of my rant. In closing, if you are not prepared for comments (Good & Bad), then don't post.

Beautiful car by the way.

Why are you getting so upset over the fact that people are commenting on a FORUM? Isn't that what forums are for? People buy things, sell things, ask questions and MAKE COMMENTS. I don't think anyone is bashing this guy. In fact, he has recieved many compliments on a really nice car, but if you are offended by what you are reading, maybe you should hop to another thread. Its pretty annoying when people chime in to tell all the others that posted that they should not have posted what they did. In my opinion (and I don't expect anyone to share it) this is tha market telling you what the value of your car should be or if its too high. What better place to get feedback on whether your price is too high on a Turbo T or GN than this forum?

Anyway, enough of my rant. In closing, if you are not prepared for comments (Good & Bad), then don't post.

Beautiful car by the way.

I am not that upset, just annoyed like you are. I also don't think anyone means this guy any grief. But this is a for sale ad, not an opinion poll. I also agree that it looks like a really nice car.
We all have opinions, your wrong opinion is noted and filed where it belongs.:D

I am not that upset, just annoyed like you are. I also don't think anyone means this guy any grief. But this is a for sale ad, not an opinion poll. I also agree that it looks like a really nice car.
We all have opinions, your wrong opinion is noted and filed where it belongs.:D

So noted. ;)

I'm being completely honest here, given the current market I would pay 10 grand for that car. On the flip side, If I owned that car, I wouldn't sell it for 10 grand. It's just a bad time to sell stuff. Hang on to it.