For All T Type Owners

Does anyone know how much hp and torque the T- type had?
Also, what donor car would you use to get the v8 turbo engine and how much would it cost to do a conversion?
THANKS

Also, what donor car would you use to get the v8 turbo engine and how much would it cost to do a conversion?
THANKS

I assume you mean "V6" turbo motor. The cost of the conversion would depend on what your putting it in. Any 86' or 87' turbo car would be a good donor.

If you are gonna build one from a donor N/A regal, drop a 400+ inch forged bottom end LS2 buildup with 7 psi boost.

I assume you mean "V6" turbo motor. The cost of the conversion would depend on what your putting it in. Any 86' or 87' turbo car would be a good donor.

No, I am sure it's a TURBO V8 CONVERTION. There is a section for it here on the forum. Unless it is refering to the v6 turbo motor being as fast as a v8 with a turbo. Also thanks for the info.

KEEP EM COMING:)

No, I am sure it's a TURBO V8 CONVERTION. There is a section for it here on the forum. Unless it is refering to the v6 turbo motor being as fast as a v8 with a turbo. Also thanks for the info.

Well then that's were you should be posting then for the best answers. ;)

ya and the GNX had the 4.1 with twin turbos ... sounds like somebody has some misinfo. on TR's always a good for comic relief... sorry 4 the sarcasm..not really :biggrin:

'86 235/330
'87 245/355
'85 200/300 same as a Grand National

Those factory numbers were underrated. Couldn't have a 6 cylinder grocery getter with more advertised horsepower than the all-mighty Corvette, now could you?

OHHHH, you've hit a bit of nerve when you talk about these cars with a V8 in them. Most of the fun of owning and driving these cars is the fact they are unique with the V6 giant killer mystique, still holding their own quite well after 20+ years.
If you have aspirations of an all out race car approaching 1,500HP, a modern V8 probably makes economic sense. If you're an amateur racer, strip or otherwise, and want a V8, why not start with a car that came with them? Like a Camaro, Firebird, whatever, unless you like the G-body styling. There's nothing I like better than the sound of a big block V8, especially in a boat with open exhaust, but we love the sound of our V6's in these very special cars. Besides, you wouldn't have to worry about doing a convertion.:biggrin: Good luck with your project, you'll find lots of help in the V8 section.
MLH

THANKS

Ok,
If you are asking about the 3.8 Turbocharged / Intercooled (LC2) Regals from '86-87, SIXBANGR's numbers are what were published. (T-Type, Grand National, GNX Production Figures)

If you are asking what donor to get a V8 Turbo from I don't think you are going to find one. Well, maybe a Bentley Turbo R.

If you are asking what V8 engine to use for turbo-charging, Ttype83 is right. Best bet would be to post here: Turbo V8 Conversions - TurboBuick.Com

I think he is asking about the factory v8 turbo TTypes. They were 86 1/2 production cars. Last of 86/first of 87. Look for a VIN 7.5. If you are lucky you will find a bump hood 5.0 SFI TURBO badge car. Most of them came with flat hoods though. Good luck in your search..:biggrin:

I think he is asking about the factory v8 turbo TTypes. They were 86 1/2 production cars. Last of 86/first of 87. Look for a VIN 7.5. If you are lucky you will find a bump hood 5.0 SFI TURBO badge car. Most of them came with flat hoods though. Good luck in your search..:biggrin:

I owned an '87 T-Type that came factory with a 5.0 Olds V8. Bought it for the W02 grille(wanted one for my '85 GN), and a few other body parts. I've never heard of a turboed V8/G body from Buick. Has this become a gag thread?

Why not build a turbo v8? There's no way these little v6s with turbos run 10 seconds and under:rolleyes: ;) in these big ugly cars:biggrin: What would I know, I own a turbo t, not a ttype.

TURBO V8 CONVERTION

What?

You want to compare a V6 with a turbo to a V8 with a turbo?

I didn't want to compare the engines. First off, I asked what car the v8 turbo came in and what it would cost to do a conversion. Now, I am new to Turbo Buicks and I'm coming from the Supra (Fast and the Furious Era), so be patient with me. :mad:

Other than that, thanks to everyone for the information.

I didn't want to compare the engines. First off, I asked what car the v8 turbo came in and what it would cost to do a conversion. Now, I am new to Turbo Buicks and I'm coming from the Supra (Fast and the Furious Era), so be patient with me. :mad:

Other than that, thanks to everyone for the information.

Stock was a 3.8 V6 turbo, No turbo V8's.
Now there are people that have done the conversion, but how fast do you want to run??? Into the 11's in street trim, very easy with the V6. Throw some more money at it and run 9-10's in the 1/4, still No problem for the V6. If you just want a turbo V8 then the other section will be more help in your goals.

Stock was a 3.8 V6 turbo, No turbo V8's.
Now there are people that have done the conversion, but how fast do you want to run??? Into the 11's in street trim, very easy with the V6. Throw some more money at it and run 9-10's in the 1/4, still No problem for the V6. If you just want a turbo V8 then the other section will be more help in your goals.

I have no modification plans until I graduate from high school. But, for now, I want something with a good amount of torque and has good reliability. Therefore, I am asking the question because I need something thats fast but stock. Maybe an exhaust, but thats it.

I'm coming from the Supra (Fast and the Furious Era) :mad:

You mean the Slow and the Curious.......................................i've been waiting to use that one for awhile now. Also these cars for the most part are not reliable, your best bet is to buy a roll back first, then the grand national. Also you would probably wreck this car in no time, get an LS1.

He's just saying it don't cost gobs of money to make these cars fast. A lot of cars are built to run 11s or under and still can be cruised on the street. If you don't care about it being fast get a hot air. I've heard it will take a little bit more to get there but there's a few people running low 11s. How many hondas out there are running that?:rolleyes: I bet if you put as much time, money and effort into a turbo buick as you would an import it would probably be capable of space travel, and you'd have extra money to take the honeys out:cool: ;)