Fontana Dragstrip

Allblackv6

It should be back up and running by march. From what I was told they already have a schedule out and are in the process of building their sound wall. Hopefully get another 1/4 mile track back in Cali.

It will be the only one in So. Cal. Pomona doesn't count since they don't have a sportsman racing program.

Neal

It will be the only one in So. Cal. Pomona doesn't count since they don't have a sportsman racing program.

Neal

Pomona is good for only about 3 races a year. The two national events and one nmca. I ran the nmca race and if you are not in the 10's you are not qualifying. As for having a track points series the track is pretty much a dead leg. That being said to race pomona it's all about money. Bakersfield still holds their weight though, no one likes the drive out there.

Is Irwindale still an active drag strip?

Yes but only 1/8 mile. If you show up two hours early, you may be able to get in two runs. As of right now, there is not a 1/4 mile drag strip anywhere in So Cal that you can go run your street car at. The public highway is the only option.:eek: What's sad is that So Cal is (was) the home of organized drag racing. Fontana opening back up is a great thing.

Wally Parks RIP...

Waiting two hours between runs reminds me of Pomona during the street legal drags. The last time I was there was around the turn of the century.

Glad to hear that there is another venue opening up in SoCal.