FMIC or SLIC - strictly "the look"

I am working on my limited project and have been building this car with a mixture of parts between both of my cars. When I bought the car I wasn't clear on the direction I wanted to go with the car but I've slowly came up with a game plan. I want the car to look fairly stock with a few of the normal bolt on flashy parts to make it look stock with some "show type parts". Basically not look as fast as it really is.

The car came with a SLIC on it but changed it out for my Cottons FMIC with polished RJC pipes. My debate is does the FMIC take too much away from the stock look? Should I switch back to a PTE SLIC.

All the other things are in order now it's just the Intercooler that I'm up in the air on.

What do you guys think.

Thanks Brandon.

Brandon, personally I don't think the Cotton's FMIC would look out of place but the final decision belongs to you. I think it will definitely outperform any SLIC. I have one on my car and couldn't be happier BUT one thing you could do if you find that it shows too much is to have it powder coated semi-flat black.

Claude. :)

I don't think it shows too much in the front. And the inter cooler defiantly will out preform the SLIC. It did a very good job on the other car. I bought the polished pipes to clean up the look under the hood. I will post pictures of when I bought the car and after with the FMIC when I get home. Still not done with changing it to more stock look but you will get the idea.

The SLIC just looks more factory under the hood and that's more where "the look" I was referring to is. The Goal for the car is and 10.99 and I think either inter cooler should get the job done. Thinking I should finish it with what I have and see how it goes over at some shows.

Brandon.

Do you want it to be black or polished? I have a g body stretched slic that works really well, has an OEM looking label on the top, and is all polished. It is only 2.5 inch piping, but has gotten me to 120 in the 1/4 on pump gas and alky no problem.

Sounds like you're leaning towards the SLIC more. The SLIC will get you to the performance level you're after. IMO, when I see a FMIC on a Turbo Buick I automatically think it's pretty heavily modified. A SLIC looks much more stock.

Sounds like you're leaning towards the SLIC more. The SLIC will get you to the performance level you're after. IMO, when I see a FMIC on a Turbo Buick I automatically think it's pretty heavily modified. A SLIC looks much more stock.

This is exactly why I started this thread. Now does it change your opinion if you open the hood and see stock valve covers, intake, maf and stock appearing turbo under a shield?

I had a chrome shield on the car when I got it and sold it right away, thinking I didn't want to be one of those guys with Chrome this, Chrome that on the car. Then as I started to come up with a plan. I thought if that's my opinion on a car when I see that under a hood, maybe that's exactly what I want. I want people to think exactly that.

Found a stock appearing hemco, got a stock champion intake, bought the spacers to put the stock valve covers back on. Even thought it would be neat to gut a spare stock maf and put it back on the car even though it runs xfi. I know if people that know the cars well enough look close they will notice the gn1's and girdle but most car guys won't know the differences.

Brandon.

Brandon, I ran 120 mph all day long on that G Body SLIC I had. The PTE SLIC is far superior...and with your tuning skills...you can go a long way with it. I'd head fake 'em with the PTE unit.

I have a stock repro intercooler tag on my V4 intercooler... I just say its a stocker, no one knows the difference really anyways for the most part.

SLIC looks stock and stealth.:D Just my opinion but a front mount is for a race car and the Precision SLIC is for a FAST street car. BUT I like to keep it looking stock and let the car do the talking;) Oh remember when you own a limited you have a responsibility to the other 1034 cars:D