Floppy windows! T-top obviously

BLOWNic

Looking to see what my options are for tightening up the door windows on my '87 T-top GN. Is there replacement kits? They have a lot of wind noise, I know this is common for T-tops but they will pop out on the top once I hit +/-125mph. Scares the **** out of me plus i have a whole other gear to explore but won't do so due to the fear of breaking the glass. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. PS this is a wonderful site for info. Thanks to all of you.

We set a window kit also a book that goes into detail on adjusting windows which was written by Pete Serio better known as the window rattle guy.

Another option is to upgrade the motors the new motors are quicker than the stock ones in your car....assuming you have power windows.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Parts mentioned can be found on our website kirbanperformance.com

Its also important to install the front braces and rear seat braces to stiffen he car up and you can also do some minor adjustments with the T Tops as well.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

We set a window kit also a book that goes into detail on adjusting windows which was written by Pete Serio better known as the window rattle guy.

Another option is to upgrade the motors the new motors are quicker than the stock ones in your car....assuming you have power windows.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Its also important to install the front braces and rear seat braces to stiffen he car up and you can also do some minor adjustments with the T Tops as well.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Can't seem to find any of the parts on the website. A little direction would be appreciated. Thanks

Our part number for the window kits is #7170 as noted earlier the book is #6739

Rite now both are on Christmas specials saving 15% if you call the office direct 215-766-1611 as discount for Christmas can't be done thru website....

they are in stock I believe.

window kits include the correct original GM felt like material that goes on each of the 3 brackets includes new GM window guide which is the one part that wears since its plastic....best bet is do one door at a time so you can look at the untouched door to make sure you do it correctly.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

When you say front braces, are you refering to the under the hood braces? Also, what kind of adjustments can be done to the T Tops themselves?
Does Kirban Performance sell T Top bags? If not, do you know where I could find some other than getting some made? Thanks.

When you say front braces, are you refering to the under the hood braces? Also, what kind of adjustments can be done to the T Tops themselves?
Does Kirban Performance sell T Top bags? If not, do you know where I could find some other than getting some made? Thanks.

Our website is kirbanperformance.com

You can find all the braces body bushings there....the important front braces are the ones under the front of the car they do the most good. Form a triangle using already existing holes....its a difference you would feel before you got to the end of the street you live on.

T Top bags we do not have get used ones once inawhile I would try gbodyparts.com for them or possibly check ebay or parts for sale in this forum

T Tops can be adjusted part ofthe trick is to first make sure all the weatherstriping is in good condition and not flattened down....helps close in the gaps if weather stripping is still puffy so to speak.

T-Tops on a 25 plus year one car if its been exposed to outdoor enviroment can be quite a challenge to eliminate water leaks and wind noise....you can close the gap on perfection but it will be tough to achieve it.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Our website is kirbanperformance.com

You can find all the braces body bushings there....the important front braces are the ones under the front of the car they do the most good. Form a triangle using already existing holes....its a difference you would feel before you got to the end of the street you live on.

T Top bags we do not have get used ones once inawhile I would try gbodyparts.com for them or possibly check ebay or parts for sale in this forum

T Tops can be adjusted part ofthe trick is to first make sure all the weatherstriping is in good condition and not flattened down....helps close in the gaps if weather stripping is still puffy so to speak.

T-Tops on a 25 plus year one car if its been exposed to outdoor enviroment can be quite a challenge to eliminate water leaks and wind noise....you can close the gap on perfection but it will be tough to achieve it.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Thanks Dennis new T-top bags are here: GBodyParts.com Online
We do have good used originals as well.
Like Dennis stated adjusting T-tops is an art. Be sure to check your blow out clips. That is the little tab on the A-pillar that prevent your glass from wanting to pop out at Hi speeds.

Is the tab your referring to, the pin that engages the A pillar (front)and the roof (rear)when you lock the t top handle?

Carl

Is the tab your referring to, the pin that engages the A pillar (front)and the roof (rear)when you lock the t top handle?

Carl

No its a small thumb size hard rubber clip held by 2 rivets one per glass that guides the leading edge of your door glass just prior to the window being completely closed. It wold be towards the front....does not come in contact with the T Top at all.

Hope this makes sense. Most owners refer to it as a blow out clip not sure what the technical name GM calls it may be the same name?

denniskirban@yahoo.com

got it. It is the same piece on my 72 monte carlo or probably any GM without posts and frames around the window.

Thanks

Carl

Like Dennis stated adjusting T-tops is an art. Be sure to check your blow out clips. That is the little tab on the A-pillar that prevent your glass from wanting to pop out at Hi speeds.[/QUOTE]

I suppose I need to call to check the availability of the originals, do I? What difference is there between the originals and the new T Top bags? What does a pair of good used originals cost? Thanks.

Like Dennis stated adjusting T-tops is an art. Be sure to check your blow out clips. That is the little tab on the A-pillar that prevent your glass from wanting to pop out at Hi speeds.

I suppose I need to call to check the availability of the originals, do I? What difference is there between the originals and the new T Top bags? What does a pair of good used originals cost? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

We have good used originals in stock. The only difference in the Bags is that 1 has GM stamped in it & the after market does not. Original Bags go any where from $50 a set to $150 a set depending on their condition.