Floor pan options

cronanzone

new here. new car.... well new to me. 87' GN.

weighing options on floor pan replacement.

need to replace driver side front and rear, those that have tackled this job, what brand of pans did you use what gauge Etc.

I have a local shop that will butt weld everything, but its expensive. He saying 20-25 hrs but say i won't be able to tell he's been there.

I'm no welder so i have limited options.

trying to figure out if i should go the overlay route or spend the extra money to everything butt welded w thicker gauge, too. all the pans i looked at online either don't state a gauge, or are 19gauge wich sounds pretty thin?

Thanks

I suspect the floor pans are all basically the same. If you want it done right have them do the complete pan.
I did the full floor and truck in my 67 Pontiac. It's beautiful and it's all metal. No shady welds.
It won't be cheap but it will be done right.

I think Goodmark, GBody Parts and Oringinal Parts Group all sell replacesment floor pans,not cheap 385.99

How bad are the floors? Might be better off patching if its a few spots than a whole pan replacement

How bad are the floors? Might be better off patching if its a few spots than a whole pan replacement

The driver side front is fubar, driver side rear not too bad and could be salvaged if need be but the fact that I'm going to be in there cutting out the front I just want to do the whole side and get rid of all the rust.

So I pulled the trigger last night on the one piece pan for the left side from opg.

Leads me to my next question regarding the seat bracing - is the best approach to just cut it and reuse what's there or does it make sense to spend the extra $150 and get new,

will still cut it in half but not have to deal with the old brace ( both the side brace and the 1 piece that runs across whole pan. )

I presume the floor pan did not include? I'd probably pull the trigger and get the new stuff to be safe. Maybe you can get a bulk buy deal and possibly a break on the freight.