flat tire and..........

cruzn57

Still plays with cars!
some one was out and about yesterday ( thursday) and was yelling at the passing motorist about using their phone while driving.:mad:
when they discovered someone had a flat tire.:redface:
all this when they had a Stellar day at the local dyno shop.:D

come on............... admit it!
I'd be thrilled to make THAT much HP!!!!!!!!!:eek:

OK Lee it was me. So I am on the phone (speaking to Lee) to going down the 15 after a dyno session and this older guy is along side of me pointing to what looked like was my phone that stuck to my ear. He would not let me move over to pass a truck in the slow lane and I was getting pissed. Eventually I uttered some profanities and made some gestures and off he went. Another car pulls up and the passenger informs me that I have a flat on my trailer. I felt like a jerk. BTW I am having no luck with the trailer tires that I am buying (Goodyear's). Lee I might take your advice and go to a high load passenger tire.
As some of know I have been having issues with my car. Lower compression on 2,4,6 , high leakdown numbers on 3 and 4 (19 and 14%), too much piston to cylinder wall clearance (.009") so I was considering pulling the motor out (it has been 5 years since a complete rebuild). Also having issues with my AMS boost controller (could not get the boost over 24 lbs and 3 lbs boost. The other night I fixed the AMS and I thought I would go out to get a base line and then determine if I was going to pull the motor. Below are the results at 30 lbs of boost and 21 degrees of total timing. The lower hp number occurred when we capped off the exhaust. Could not get a good torque number due to a sensor issue. I did get one reading of 917 torque but we're not sure if it is accurate.

Attachments

• SCAN0270.jpg
    SCAN0270.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 186
OK Lee it was me. So I am on the phone (speaking to Lee) to going down the 15 after a dyno session and this older guy is along side of me pointing to what looked like was my phone that stuck to my ear. He would not let me move over to pass a truck in the slow lane and I was getting pissed. Eventually I uttered some profanities and made some gestures and off he went. Another car pulls up and the passenger informs me that I have a flat on my trailer. I felt like a jerk. BTW I am having no luck with the trailer tires that I am buying (Goodyear's). Lee I might take your advice and go to a high load passenger tire.
As some of know I have been having issues with my car. Lower compression on 2,4,6 , high leakdown numbers on 3 and 4 (19 and 14%), too much piston to cylinder wall clearance (.009") so I was considering pulling the motor out (it has been 5 years since a complete rebuild). Also having issues with my AMS boost controller (could not get the boost over 24 lbs and 3 lbs boost. The other night I fixed the AMS and I thought I would go out to get a base line and then determine if I was going to pull the motor. Below are the results at 30 lbs of boost and 21 degrees of total timing. The lower hp number occurred when we capped off the exhaust. Could not get a good torque number due to a sensor issue. I did get one reading of 917 torque but we're not sure if it is accurate.

That is 3 lbs of boost at launch (I have a 3 lb. spring in my wastegate and let the CO2 apply the extra pressure)

go get more flat tires!

maybe it'll up the numbers! LOL

Great HP numbers!

sent from 15 miles north of kingman, az
it's so dark here, can see the glow of lights from Las Vegas!

Very nice.

Looks like you were conservative on the timing. What fuel were you running?

Mike Barnard

Looks like you were conservative on the timing. What fuel were you running?

Mike Barnard

I use Q16 with 160lb injectors. We ran 11.3:1 on the air/fuel ratio. Honestly I was not expecting those hp numbers; now it is a matter of getting it to the ground. The reason we closed the exhaust on the last run was because the computer that we used inside the car was going flat line when we approached 6000 rpm. Turns out we were getting RF interference. Capping the exhaust solved the problem but created backpressure. I think Cal Hartline uses a long cord which allows him to sit outside the car to view the data log.

Great numbers, Jeff. Do you expect new bests for the car at the track? It will be interesting to relate the dyno numbers to some track numbers.

Hangover Nationals at Barona!

I will be in Vegas that weekend visiting some friends. Hopefully I can get out soon.
Jeff