Fiscus Gets The Shaft

BobbyBuick

DID ANYONE SEE THAT BS.I SWEAR NICE GUYS DO FINISH LAST
I WOULD HAVE LOST MY HEAD!
:mad:

Yeah...What happened? I know his car was ailing but I didn't stick around for the finals.

He was in the finals and got double bulbed before he could get in the burn out box.the guy he was racing MAY have done it by accident and rolled in to far.however he coulda backed out.when Fiscus rolled up to the lights he got a red light when the tree flashed.his car didnt move.I think it was the 15 second clock cause the other guy CANTRELL I think is his name had already staged.
I HATE THOSE DOUBLE BULBING NON COURTIOUS --------!!!
and I saw it a lot this weekend

What did Dave run at BG? Who was the fastest in TSO and what did they run? Please fill us in!!!

I don't know..Some guys like to stage early, especially if they have a big turbo they have to stage. The last thing I wanna worry about when i'm racing is if the other guy can get to the line quick enough. Like you said, it happened alot, so everyone should have known about it. It does suck to have to win it that way, but like they say, thats racing.

It does suck to have to win it that way, but like they say, thats racing.
I SAY THATS CHEATING NOT RACING
when the two of you line up and go down the track side by side thats racing .like the final inTSM now that was a Drag RACE.what happened to Fiscus is NOT racing by any stretch.That is all Fiscus wanted was a fair drag race but he couldnt get one

Bobby,

I'm confused..... I know, what else is new..... How did OC cheat, he double bulbed and Dave redlited? How is the red lite Oc's fault? Also, Who won TSM?

Jason Cramer won tsm. 10.05 to dave bamfords 10.07. Dave got the hole shot, jason got the 60 ft and i think the margin of victory was .003 . Im glad i stuck around for the rain to stop. It was my first time down and it very exciting. Cant wait till next year.The tsm cars are very impressive.

Cheating is a pretty hard accusation. I don't know how it went there but when I go to the track you start your burnout when the other cars line up, after they go the starter waves you up and you line up. I'm going to be running a PT88 and I know i'm getting up to the line ASAP and try to get that sucker to spool. Like I said before, my last concern is if the other guy makes it to the line in time. If someone was racing me w/ that big ole turbo, they're best strategy is to get in and light 2 bulbs before me, and put pressure on me to get that 88 ready....That is racing.

he double bulbed and Dave redlited? How is the red lite Oc's fault?
You dont red lite when your car didnt move .Im guessing he got a red lite from the 15 second clock.When oc double lit the bulbs
the clock started Im thinking .I cant figure out any other explanation unless a turtle crawed across the lites like last year.DAVES CAR DID NOT MOVE I WAS STANDING RIGHT THEIR. they called Oc to the tower about 5 times but I dont know what ever happened with that as they never reran it. like I said It could have been an accident to double bulb the tree from the burn out but he could have backed out of the stage lite

like I said It could have been an accident to double bulb the tree from the burn out but he could have backed out of the stage lite

Thats easier said than done. Remember the deep stage lite going on last year there, no reruns for that. I lost first round Q16, thought I deep staged, when I tried to back up, the lites came down. Bottom line we gots to be ready, Dave's a good guy, so isn't OC...............

Cheating

Well I don't know that "cheating" is the correct term here.You will get a DQ from most sanctioning bodies however if you do "double bulb".It is highly unethical and illegal to do in any professional style racing.The question is did the driver know it was unethical and illegal,or was he really just that ignorant?Either way it's dirty pool in my book and there is no excuse for it happening.For one the starter should have backed him out of the tree as a "courtesy" to the one who double bulbed.(so he didn't get dq'd),and two if that was me I would have made the starter back him out,and if he didn't I woud have not ran the race.That is a total bs way to win a race,and if thats how you think you need to win well......

IF that was legal then the rules need looked at.

I paid to watch RACING.
Not silly games at the tree.

It was BS, plain and simple.

No one was stalling or doing a burn down.

Guess, everyone needs to start doing that now, if that's acceptable.

Too bad the NHRA and so many other sports are about TV, and the SHOW instead of racing.

Did either car do a real smoky burnout, at times the staging lights would go on because of the smoke.
I seem to remember sometime back on the BB that doesn't work, the prerace meeting was going to address staging and other topics within the race groups.
I didn't see that race but I saw a lot others double bulbing and thought they were just the bracket guys without a lot of experience.

Bobby...

Both OC and Dave are good friends of mine, I consider them both gentlemen and have the outmost respect for both of them. I know OC and Dave would never do anything like that intentionally.

I was next in line on the semi-finals against Dave Bamfort, buckling up and when I looked up I saw Dave roll the light, I remember saying to myself, DANG ! What a shame, would have been a good race.

No flames intended, I wish nothing but the best for both of them and it is a shame there was controversy.

Looking forward to seing them line it up at Reynolds this year.

The 15 second timer starts as soon as the first car STAGES. It is ILLEGAL according to NHRA rules for one person to "double bulb" the other for that very reason.
If you prestage first, the guy in the other lane must prestage before either can stage. On the other hand if one person prestages, the other can roll right in and light both bulbs. Basically, BOTH cars must prstage, then it can be a race to the second bulb.
I doubt you will see it enforced at most tracks but if you get double bulbed, you can request the starter to back the other guy out. It has happened to me twice at ETown when I used to race the GN vs. Mustang shootouts. That is the rule, you can find the specific wording in the handbook. I dont think anyone intentionally cheats at the GS Nats but things like this do happen.
Bill Anderson

Okay guys, this is the way it is supposed to work..

That is, if they used the Auto-Start like was supposed to be used, for Pro Tree racing.

I am going to state this one time only..

He who double bulbs in a Pro Tree Auto Start, before the opponent first bulbs, is a DQ racer.

That's it, plain and simple.

The Auto-Start was NOT turned on if the opponent got the red eye.

Jim