First time out with Razor's alky

D's GN

Had the car out racing for the first time since the mods and with the newly installed alky. I was late in getting to the track (Mission Raceway) and so only got two runs in. (Both runs were made on crappy radials) The first run was a disaster, I had the jitters trying to look at 5 guages at once and messed up bad netting a 13.5 @101 with 12degrees of knock :eek:. After kicking my self (a few times) I dialed a couple of things in and went for a boot. Run two was made with 18-19# boost with Turbotweak 94 street chip, 18 degrees timing and converter unlocked. Somewhere on this run the PCV to vaccum block hose blew off and changed BL's to 142 (was at 123)
Left the line with just under 0 boost...

R/T - .265
60' - 2.19
330' - 5.608
1/8 - 8.492
MPH - 86.98
1000' - 10.969
1/4 - 13.007
MPH - 107

02's were at 718mv and knock was 0.0
Thanks Julio for putting together a sweet kit, just can't wait to run it with slicks and turn up the boost

Yeah its a one of those things deal with hoses and lines. You'll find that if you tie wrap them, use the HD T-bolt clamps on the IC, and have good rubber.. they'll stay in place.

Keep a keen eye on the hose going to your fuel pressure regulator, that one blows off.. you can be in trouble. As well as the hose going to the MAP sensor. make sure the rubber and plastic portions are 100%.

Thanks for the thumbs up.. seat time will get you consistent. Bet with a set of new slicks not changing anything it runs 12.40's..

Keep an eye on your knock.. enjoy..

Ohh.. get with Eric to reburn it for alky.. it will add some more tming.

Alky Chip

I'm running an alky kit that's a mix of the original Jay Carter setup from way back when and some parts from SMC...any how, how can I find out more info on these alky chips? I'm using a "demo program" Thrasher 93 octane chip for 009's.:confused:

If you still have problems with hoses blowing off, like running 30psi as i have, Use Shoo-Goo on the rubber hoses! Works like a champ. Super glue is bad! It will work for a few days, then lines will split apart from chemicals in glue. Also hair spray will work great for the large connectors in the intercooler piping.

Scott

I haven't tried Eric's alky tune for 009s, but I have one of his chips for my 009s without alky and I must admit, his has worked better than anyone else's chip I have tried. My car has a newfound smooth idle, awesome power in boost, and consistent runnings, now I need traction!

props to Eric and his cool little chips!

Eric's Chips for 009/Alky

I'm talking with Eric...he's hooking me up! Heard nothing but good thinks and, oddly, his philosophy makes sense to me:eek: