First time at the track with FAST XFI and E85

Eticket, my car weighed 3640 lbs when it was stock. The car is pretty much fully loaded, except for the luxury trunk carpet and concert sound. This was with an orion amplifier, braces behind the rear seats, bigger magnets on the 6x9 speakers and custom GN widened mags (15x8 instead of 15x7) MT 275/50/15.
The weight reduction that I did on the car was aluminum M&A heads, drag lite wheels, no front sway bar, and no jack and spare in the trunk, that's it.
Your car and mine run similar times.
Marco

Definitely but my car is a lot lighter.. it weights 3490 with me in it. I have fiberglass bumpers, aftermarket seats, aftermarket wheels (of course), GN1s, and lack of insulation replaced by dynomat, and maybe a few things here and there. I was thinking my old car was heavier like yours, but it weighted 3590 with me in it, steel bumpers with aluminum supports and not much else to lighten - steel heads, lots of options, etc.

What turbo are you running now and what are your ET and mphs. I would want to upgrade to a GTQ71 dbb with the billet wheel and a big front mount intercooler, but still don't know which intercooler to upgrade to. I would need to get my tranny rebuilt cause it flares a lot on my 2nd to 3rd shift, was thinking of going with David Husek, but I am not sure yet , I have to read up on him a little more.
How much boost are you running on E115, and if you don't mind what is your set up?
Marco
I have the same 6776 with a .63 housing. Fullthrottle 215/220 cam, GN1 heads with some bowl work, and 120lb injectors with an SD chip.
It trapped 133 at 27psi @ 3850lbs. Through the traps at 5850RPM with about 8% slip.

I did some more work to the heads since then, and will be moving to a more modern 6766 turbo.

Love the vids and great times!! Congrats on it coming together! I just switched to E85 and a dbd 6766 with ported irons. This is where I hope to be when the car hits the track after winter. Love it

Love the vids and great times!! Congrats on it coming together! I just switched to E85 and a dbd 6766 with ported irons. This is where I hope to be when the car hits the track after winter. Love it
Thanks and good luck on your goals, let us know what it does when you try it out on the E85 next year.
Marco

I hear the flare your tranny has. I had the same exact thing on my car until I put Type F in it when I did the tranny brake install. Might get lucky.
Good passes tho...your almost in the 9's.

It would be an interesting experiment trying an .85/ar exhaust housing instead of the .63/ar. You say you've got an abundance of low end torque anyways and are launching at 4 or 5 psi. I'd love to see the top-end MPH with that housing.
Quick question...since you have no cage, what frame mods have you done to stiffen things up? I'm only running 10.60's and I'm seeing plenty of roof buckle and signs of quarter panel buckle, and i launch really easy keeping the 60 fts in the high 1.5's. I don't want a cage either, but I gotta do something.

I hear the flare your tranny has. I had the same exact thing on my car until I put Type F in it when I did the tranny brake install. Might get lucky.
Good passes tho...your almost in the 9's.
Thanks
By the way you have a beautiful car and seems to run very well, considering the time with the mph and low boost.
My tranny is pretty fresh, but I guess the guy that builds it for me up here in Montreal, it has gotten out of his league. Bought my billet parts off David Husek for my transmission, been think of shipping my tranny to him. He seems like a really nice guy on the phone that knows his stuff, I just want to read up on him and get some info on his work before shipping to him.

It would be an interesting experiment trying an .85/ar exhaust housing instead of the .63/ar. You say you've got an abundance of low end torque anyways and are launching at 4 or 5 psi. I'd love to see the top-end MPH with that housing.
Quick question...since you have no cage, what frame mods have you done to stiffen things up? I'm only running 10.60's and I'm seeing plenty of roof buckle and signs of quarter panel buckle, and i launch really easy keeping the 60 fts in the high 1.5's. I don't want a cage either, but I gotta do something.
I think you are right, the .85/ar would be pretty interesting to try out. But instead I have been think of upgrading turbo and intercooler instead. In the future I would like to get a gtq71 dual ballbearing with billet wheel and an RJC front mount. I just have to wait a bit before getting these parts cause I would like to get my tranny checked out and when I am there I would like to send back my ptc torque convertor to get recalibrated for the new set up. I am just worried how the car is going to feel on the street with a 71 turbo, the pt67/76 is a blast to drive on the street (crazy bottom end torque).
The only stuff I have done on the frame is GNX frame bushings, energy suspension poly urethane bushings all over the place, frame and suspension. H&R motor mounts and tranny mount with their swaybar. I use to have the front brace under the car but had to remove it when I put the stock location front intercooler. I have a brace kit behind the rear seat. The car is a t-top car and takes off very straight, so it doesn't feel as if I am putting much stress on the body. I am not a weekend racer either, just go to the track once or twice a year.

Your car runs nice numbers on the track and on the dyno on pump 93 octane fuel.

Nice ride , evil666 ! Looking good man :)
Thanks Reaper231. You seem to have a nice looking and running GN yourself. 1100 hp Grand Am, holy shit, that must cause some serious damage on the street. Did you ever get a chance to run it on the 1/4 mile?
Marco

We
Thanks Reaper231. You seem to have a nice looking and running GN yourself. 1100 hp Grand Am, holy shit, that must cause some serious damage on the street. Did you ever get a chance to run it on the 1/4 mile?
Marco
We got the grand am to the track last track day of the yr hardly any prep but car rac flawlessly on 3 straight passes off the brake 1.39/1.40 60 fts car left straight as an arrow . We made no tire pressure or timing changes , it's got more in it on motor for sure . Trapped 139/140 mph . At 3640 lbs with me in it . My final gear ratio is like a 2.73/2.81 with the 29.5 hoosier drag radial . Looking for 8.8 on the nitrous this yr is the goal . Total street driven street build . It should fly on the button .:)