First time at the track with FAST XFI and E85

evil666

Finally got a chance to try out my car on E85 (actually more like E78) with the Fast XFI 2.0
Here is my set up and my 2 best runs. I uploaded 2 logs from the fast (third run is 10.15 pass) and the( 20.5 timming is the 10.16 pass) I would really like your thoughts and opions on my data logs.

Thank you,
Marc0

Attachments

• 20.5 timming.zip
    75.5 KB · Views: 277
  • third run.zip
    58.5 KB · Views: 158
20141021_092201~2.jpg

Impressive!
Thanks Pronto.
I think I have a little more to go get if I fix the flare on my 1st to second shift, and if I come out on more boost off the line. I know I have a lot more bottom end but I am worried to twist the car, cause I have no cage.

No cage-ha, I got told slow down or go home for 11.493 at my track.:shame:

No cage-ha, I got told slow down or go home for 11.493 at my track.:shame:
My track is not bad, they close their eyes for a few things. Thank god, cause my car is a street car not a race car, even if I know the cage is for our own safety. The car goes to the track once in a while, not a weekend racer.

Who's tune?
I bought the fast from Cal Hartline, but getting the car to work on his tune and trying to solve a million problems on the phone was not working out for me. Cal was really trying to give me a helping hand on the phone, but to no success. I quess it was to hard to figure out stuff when the car is not in front of you and he was out of my budget to fly him down to Montreal to tune my car. I was happy to find this place in Montreal called Federal Performance and the tuner's name Seth Paterson who got my car tuned on the dyno for driveabilty and performance, without this guy I was really screwed. Probably Cal could have got maybe more out of it since he is very use to turbo regals, but I am still very happy with the tune I got from this guy Seth.

Hi Marco...It's me Jeff Tornicelli. You have definitely stepped up your game from our times together! WOW...it's been 25 plus years...I had a blast with you, Frank and Pia and the Canadian Turbo Regals!! I'm still in the Turbo scene...had a few since my Blue T-Type which I sold in California about 17 years ago. Great times at Napierville dragway!!! I wish you continued success with your GN...keep in touch! Pls tell the "gang" I said hello.

Awesome. car leaves hard!

Thanks, Bob
Ya the car comes out of the hole pretty well, it has a lot of bottom end torque. There is even more left in it, I only come out at 4 to 5 lbs of boost, like I told Pronto I am worried to twist the car with no cage.

Hi Marco...It's me Jeff Tornicelli. You have definitely stepped up your game from our times together! WOW...it's been 25 plus years...I had a blast with you, Frank and Pia and the Canadian Turbo Regals!! I'm still in the Turbo scene...had a few since my Blue T-Type which I sold in California about 17 years ago. Great times at Napierville dragway!!! I wish you continued success with your GN...keep in touch! Pls tell the "gang" I said hello.
Hi Jeff
Sent you a private message.

Here is a video of the car on the dyno:

Attachments

• 20140903_165737.zip
    10.9 MB · Views: 273
nice.. dang your car is heavy even without the cage.. I can't figure out where all of the weight comes from.

Very nice!
My combo is pretty similar to yours with really similar results. I'm planning to change to a newer style turbocharger to get some more out of it.

nice.. dang your car is heavy even without the cage.. I can't figure out where all of the weight comes from.
Eticket, my car weighed 3640 lbs when it was stock. The car is pretty much fully loaded, except for the luxury trunk carpet and concert sound. This was with an orion amplifier, braces behind the rear seats, bigger magnets on the 6x9 speakers and custom GN widened mags (15x8 instead of 15x7) MT 275/50/15.
The weight reduction that I did on the car was aluminum M&A heads, drag lite wheels, no front sway bar, and no jack and spare in the trunk, that's it.
Your car and mine run similar times.
Marco

Very nice!
My combo is pretty similar to yours with really similar results. I'm planning to change to a newer style turbocharger to get some more out of it.
What turbo are you running now and what are your ET and mphs. I would want to upgrade to a GTQ71 dbb with the billet wheel and a big front mount intercooler, but still don't know which intercooler to upgrade to. I would need to get my tranny rebuilt cause it flares a lot on my 2nd to 3rd shift, was thinking of going with David Husek, but I am not sure yet , I have to read up on him a little more.
How much boost are you running on E115, and if you don't mind what is your set up?
Marco