first pass on the track

Nelson Ramos

87 gn
Moter is stroked with cast champion polished heads and as i was told all the goodies roller cam, 83 lb injectors rjc front mount, fast system, 70mm turbo, alkey system 3.5" down pipe, ck transmission with 9" tork converter, disk brakes all around, and race suspension. It dyno on regular gas 444 hp 19 lbs bost. I went to the track it ran 1215 1/4 mile left with 5 lbs bost. With this set up any idea what this car should run? Attached is the time slip. I was told that by looking at slip we can find out where my biggest problem is. Dont laugh at my reaction time its my first pass in over 15 yrs...lol

ForumRunner_20120926_004624.png

N Ramos

Just improving your 60' time to a 1.5x will net you an 11 sec timeslip. Was this run on pump gas alone?

bryan

I was told from the person who dynoed to raise the bost to 23-24 with race gas. I think im going to go to track tomorrow.

N Ramos

Nelson Ramos said:
I was told from the person who dynoed to raise the bost to 23-24 with race gas. I think im going to go to track tomorrow.

N Ramos

Run 30psi or more to make that 70mm really sing.

Before you crank a bunch of boost in it, try some data logging. If all's well, up the boost a bit, log and look. Repeat, make changes as needed, re-log, until you get the results U R looking for.
Just cranking in the boost could well get you a membership in the DOTC...116 is not a cure all for a bad tune.