First G-body build, Turbo LS1 in an 87 Regal Limited

I guess I'm kind of bringing this thing back from the dead. A lot has changed. The stock rods in the LS1 let go, so that pretty much trashed the entire shortblock assembly along with the oil pan. I did get the cam and everything swapped over to an iron block 5.3. I switched to E85 for fuel. Car was running great for a while. Someone wanted to buy my turbo kit so I sold it to them. I ended up ordering new bumper fillers and fiberglass bumpers, got the correct 87 header panel and grill, and some black headlight bezzels. couple other upgrades include a lightweight fabbed core support I made, went to a 31" wide radiator, Viking double adjustable rear shocks, made an anti-roll bar, some Lakewood 90/10 fronts, and an eibach pro kit. I have an 8.8 with disk brakes, adjustable LCA's and some trick chassis 8.8 swap UCA's with IC relocation brackets, spherical bushings, and some new spring perches.

made a crude but functional support for the trans cooler

everything painted up, hoses ran, wiring all tucked away nicely

header panel mounted, just waiting on my new bumpers/fillers and grill and she'll be ready to rock

Here's the Anti-roll bar welded on, The 8.8 swap parts. Planning on throwing that in the car as soon as I get some wheels that will fit the new backspacing/bolt pattern.

Yeah there is no way i'd cut up a T or GN to do this to. The limited was cheap to get and i had must less reservations in removing/modding it, wether it be temporary or permenant.

That's kind of what I thought until I was staring mt my GN with a blown up V6 and the estimates to build a quality short block to replace it.

well for some serious updates, I've actually started re-doing the whole car. Started off with the correct 87 header panel and bumper fillers. I also added in a set of fiberglass front and rear bunpers. I swapped in the 8.8 and all the rear suspension and the anti-roll bar, added a set of pro stars with MT Pro's on the back. The boost bug hit me again and decided to go back to a turbo setup. Twin ebay 62mm's 38mm wastegates, A2A intercooled.

NICE! Wish mine was that far along!
I may "rethink" the hot side on mine, too. Currently a BW SX400 single...o_O:smuggrin:

Love it! I was just reading through the thread, and watching the youTubes thinking to myself, "When is this dude going to blow the 7.5 rear out"!! Then, BOOM, pics of the new rear end! I'm surprised that 7.5 held at all with the power your car makes. Super cool project! Thanks for sharing with us. ----Jeremy

Made a few test pulls to make sure everything was in order with the new rear end, wheels/tires, and suspension parts. After I felt everything was good, I cranked the boost up to 14 lbs. From a 20mph roll it lifted the driver side front wheel off the ground.. Made some adjustments to the anti roll bar and once it quits raining, I'll go back out and make some more test hits. I did manage to get an OK cell phone video, gonna strap some GoPro's to it next go around.

Nice build and the video's are awesome! You don't happen to have a link for the headers do you?

great build thread~! I'm planning on doing this to my green regal limited I grabbed for the very same reason. I have my T type with the turbo 3.8 I'll be keeping that one real. this ones under the knife

Attachments

• green regal thing.jpg
    green regal thing.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 213
  • 20150714_010757.jpg
    20150714_010757.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 204
  • 20150727_025732.jpg
    20150727_025732.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 205
  • 20150817_215123.jpg
    20150817_215123.jpg