First ever alum GN rims. pics.

What size rims and what backspacing? Nitto nt 555 Z rated has several sizes to choose from in 18".

whats up with everyone wanting 18"s? these are TR's not mustangs.

there kool I guess but they just dont look anything like the original wheels. why would someone go thru all the trouble of making an aluminum set and not make them out to look like the original wheels? the original wheels just look best. there is no arguing that.

Gonna go out on a limb here and say that it's their opinions and their cars, so who gives a f*%$???

You like the original style wheel (as do I), then that's what you get. These dudes like the look of this new wheel and want 18s, then that's what they do. As long as they, you, I and everyone is happy with their own car, I really don't care what they do.

there kool I guess but they just dont look anything like the original wheels. why would someone go thru all the trouble of making an aluminum set and not make them out to look like the original wheels? the original wheels just look best. there is no arguing that.

Not to be disrespectful, Brett, but I do disagree. These were originally set up as 15" because Mike Barnard, (SPOOLFOOL2) runs his car in the 1/4 mile, and he already had his gearing changer to work best with 15" wheels. He mainly wanted a aluminum rim that looked as close to possible to the original steel wheel, but saved the weight.
I run the 16" GNX replica rims and if I were to do the same thing, I would opt for a GNX replica rim in 16" or 17". There was a big handling improvement to my car when I went from the 15" to the 16" rims. I suspect that it would handle even better with 17" rims.
I personally don't really care for the 19's, 20's, 21's & 22's but I think that the best looking rim is a 16" rim, but really can't say without seeing a 17" GNX replica rim in person.

I like both looks. Thats why Im buying both.

18" wheels look great on these cars. Especially when cruising around on the street. I am also buying a set of 15" telestars for the track, and when I feel like crusing around with that look. Who said I cant have it all?:D

My 18's are order as well. I am going with a 275/18 DR on the rear. Will post some pics when I get them next month. :D

I have a better idea....put that cash into an envelope and mail it to me....I'll burn it for you....:D

I'm a giver...

Moloch is not amuzed!
107930750_d55b208eac.jpg

I like the 15's they look hot,but i also would be intreasted in 17s all four corners,and a 17 a8 combo....so will be waiting....

Well, since I make good power, 550 to the tires, and drive it on the street I don't like to know how bad the brakes are going to fade when I need them. I wanted a big brake system and with 13 inch rotors. I don't think that it will fit the stock wheels.:rolleyes: I also think that most aftermarket wheels look wrong. So the only answer is the Budnik wheels. They are the only one who makes them. Look how much the Simmons wheels cost and they are people still wanting them.

I spoke to them yesterday and they should be shipping mine either tomorrow or Monday. I'm looking for some tires now. I will post pics next to a stock wheel.

Why would you go to all the trouble to make an aluminum wheel that is an Excat copy of the original???
i also like the original wheel, but they are 15" and unfortunatly they are small. and hard to put good brakes inside. IMO

What's up with people thinking what they like is what others should like? To say "there is not arguing that" is to imply your opinion is law?

Anyway, I'll take a set in 18 inch please.

Why would you go to all the trouble to make an aluminum wheel that is an Excat copy of the original???
i also like the original wheel, but they are 15" and unfortunatly they are small. and hard to put good brakes inside. IMO

These are not an "Exact copy" of the originals. Also, I think I remember Budnik telling me that he could undercut the inside on a wheel to fit bigger brakes and still fit a smaller tire.

Mike Barnard