First car for Daughter...... decisions... decisions....

How are the 4.6's in the aftermarket? Anyone making big power with them? I would drop a 5.0 from the same body style in there. Not very fast stock, but HUGE aftermarket.

Congrats on a daughter that likes what you do. You go dad!!!! Make sure you teach her how to roast the tires and slide sideways.

My daughter is 16 and always in the garage with me, in, under or over a car... She wants a 4x4 pickup. She actually wants my F-350, 7.3, crew cab, long bed with the 4" lift and 35's. LOL I figure a nice F-150 4x4 short bed extended cab would be easier to park in the high school lot though. We have horses so she has to buy feed and get hay up the hill in the mud so it must be 4x4 plus it will tow the two slant horse trailer easily. I don't care if she drives the F-350, it's my wife who panics, I figure she can't get hurt in it though. She originally wanted a jeep until she drove the F-350.

Mikey

How are the 4.6's in the aftermarket? Anyone making big power with them? I would drop a 5.0 from the same body style in there. Not very fast stock, but HUGE aftermarket.

I haven't really looked into it yet, but from what I've seen... it's very healthy. Looks like the 4.6 block is good to 1k hp... That's a bit much for a high school parking lot tho.. LOL.

I'm looking at a Dual Overhead Cam 4.6 out of a Lincoln Mark VIII right now, they're 290 stock.... cam, headers, tune... that'll wake it up a bit.

Congrats on a daughter that likes what you do. You go dad!!!! Make sure you teach her how to roast the tires and slide sideways.

My daughter is 16 and always in the garage with me, in, under or over a car... She wants a 4x4 pickup. She actually wants my F-350, 7.3, crew cab, long bed with the 4" lift and 35's. LOL I figure a nice F-150 4x4 short bed extended cab would be easier to park in the high school lot though. We have horses so she has to buy feed and get hay up the hill in the mud so it must be 4x4 plus it will tow the two slant horse trailer easily. I don't care if she drives the F-350, it's my wife who panics, I figure she can't get hurt in it though. She originally wanted a jeep until she drove the F-350.

Mikey

LOL... Funny you say that, she was ALL OVER the thought of getting my Bronco when I joked about taking her Mustang and giving her the Bronco instead..

I told her she wouldn't like the cost to feed it... Heck, I don't like the cost to feed it :p

LOL... Funny you say that, she was ALL OVER the thought of getting my Bronco when I joked about taking her Mustang and giving her the Bronco instead..

I told her she wouldn't like the cost to feed it... Heck, I don't like the cost to feed it :p

I let my son (17) use the money he earned working for my company for two summers to buy a motorcycle. I've owned one since I was 16 so I let him over the objections of my wife. October 15/2010 an unlicensed, unregistered, uninsured jerk with stolen tags blew a stop sign and ran him over. Cost me $253,000.00. Cost my son three surgeries and a year of therapy for him to come back. I thought I would loose him that first day in ICU. They drive the F-350 anytime they want fuel costs be damned, my kids are worth more to me than the extra $1000.00 a year in fuel. My daughter will get her F-150 4x4 with the 4" lift. Let your daughter drive the Bronco and sleep better. If I had given him the 7.3 F-350 like he wanted that SOB would be dead and my son would have walked away. Right now my daughter drives a Mercury Grand Marquis but that ain't quite big enough for me to sleep easy.

You love her I'm sure don't worry about fuel costs.

Mikey

I let my son (17) use the money he earned working for my company for two summers to buy a motorcycle. I've owned one since I was 16 so I let him over the objections of my wife. October 15/2010 an unlicensed, unregistered, uninsured jerk with stolen tags blew a stop sign and ran him over. Cost me $253,000.00. Cost my son three surgeries and a year of therapy for him to come back. I thought I would loose him that first day in ICU. They drive the F-350 anytime they want fuel costs be damned, my kids are worth more to me than the extra $1000.00 a year in fuel. My daughter will get her F-150 4x4 with the 4" lift. Let your daughter drive the Bronco and sleep better. If I had given him the 7.3 F-350 like he wanted that SOB would be dead and my son would have walked away. Right now my daughter drives a Mercury Grand Marquis but that ain't quite big enough for me to sleep easy.

You love her I'm sure don't worry about fuel costs.

Mikey

That sucks man... One reason I'm contemplating an 8 point cage in the Stang(it'll probably need one anyway, once I get done with the DOHC 4.6.. lol).. I'm sure she'll drive the Bronco most, as it's an Auto, and will be easier for her to learn on. I drive the motorcycle most anyway.

Something to be said for solid American iron when it comes to collisions. Hard to beat a tall 4x4.

~JM~