First bracket-race kill

Weazel

This just in,alky is good
I've been hitting up the local 1/8th mile for street night. They do a little (free) bracket race, but with my abysmal reaction times I've been goin' down first round. My car's usually the fastest street car there, so I had to race brackets to be challenged :p

Anyway the car was running mid 8.4s to low 8.5s all night with STILL crappy 2.0x short times. But being an optimist, I dialed in 8.30. First run is against a 5.0...dialed in at 9.3. He's there a lot, so I figured he'd cut a good light. I'm building boost as his tree's falling. On my 2nd light I floor it, 3rd light I'm off the brake.

Not enough boost, so another 2.0x short time. But the car's pulling hard. I knew he cut a good light and thought I did too. At half track I'm at his bumper. That's when I think "HOLY SCHNICKIES, I'm gonna dust this guy." It felt awesome, blowing by him at the traps. I ended up getting the win by 0.12 seconds. I don't have the timeslip with me but it was something like this:

Me: 0.61 RT...8.39 ET at 85mph...8.30 dialin
Him: 0.67 RT...9.45 ET at 75mph...9.30 dialin

It felt SO sweet to dust that guy at the end of the run. He promptly unbolted his tires and left...and I went on to get blown out in the next round (by a friend of mine that ended up near the top). It was probably the most fun "kill" I've had.