First 9 second pass

Congrats Mike!!! it looked GREAT going down the track at Norwalk Raceway. I was fortunate enough to watch his car in action. Bring it down to BG this year!!!
Thanks a lot. It was good to meet you that day at the track. Im planning on going to BG if things work out just not planning on taking the car.
Are you running your car this year at BG?

Thanks a lot. It was good to meet you that day at the track. Im planning on going to BG if things work out just not planning on taking the car.
Are you running your car this year at BG?
Likewise! I'm hopefully taking the car to BG this year. Just got it running again this week after a couple more modifications. Im in the same boat as you tracking that 9 second slip! I've been a 10.002, 10.01 and 10.02. So close:)

Likewise! I'm hopefully taking the car to BG this year. Just got it running again this week after a couple more modifications. Im in the same boat as you tracking that 9 second slip! I've been a 10.002, 10.01 and 10.02. So close:)
Thats good your right there. I hope you get tour 9 second pass a BG and maybe Ill be there watching.

Thanks a lot.
Ya I have all new stock ac/delco shocks and the springs are stock that have been on the car since Ive bought in 1999. I like the stance so ive never changed them.
I foot brake it to about 7-8lbs of boost.
Looks like a vacuum brake setup? If so, how are you building 7-8 psi? I can get 4 to 5 and it starts pushing.
I have the shoes/cylinders/braided lines etc and was hoping for more than 5 psi.

Likewise! I'm hopefully taking the car to BG this year. Just got it running again this week after a couple more modifications. Im in the same boat as you tracking that 9 second slip! I've been a 10.002, 10.01 and 10.02. So close
Didn't we line up together at BG a couple of years ago ?? Hopefully I've got it sorted out this year with the new motor and everything else . I saw a video at BG of myself and another WH1 and the comment you could hear on the video was " there is something you don't see very often ...2 WH1's lined up ".

Didn't we line up together at BG a couple of years ago ?? Hopefully I've got it sorted out this year with the new motor and everything else . I saw a video at BG of myself and another WH1 and the comment you could hear on the video was " there is something you don't see very often ...2 WH1's lined up.

Yes, that was me! Think BobbyBuick got the video of it. I'm looking forward to seeing your car run. I bet that new turbo you have is sweeeeet! We will have to run em again if I get my car there. Lol

That would be cool to line up again , my car SHOULD run a whole lot better now .

Looks like a vacuum brake setup? If so, how are you building 7-8 psi? I can get 4 to 5 and it starts pushing.
I have the shoes/cylinders/braided lines etc and was hoping for more than 5 psi.
I have the powermaster still on the car. I did the bigger wheels cylinders and brake shoes all stock lines. I can get it to hold 10lbs but after that it wants to start pushing.

No Idea, Never dynoed... sorta a new set up since I ran the 10.6 at the track.(60ft was 1.48 at the time).. Im in the tuning stages now for The Street Only. (NP) New turbo, shocks, weight, all I have is draggy type times.. 3700lbs 7.19 @ 103mph in the 1/8. 60 fts in the mid 1.8 range. off a bridge with bald tires.. Im ordering some new stickies probably then end of April. (Then its back to tuning) but enough of this I don't want to pollute Mike's Thread.

Heres what happens on 28 spline with stock carrier.lol

Clarks6 your not polluting my thread. Its all good info/experience about trying to into the 9s.

Last edited:
OUTFRICKINGSTANDING MIKE!
So Awesome to see this!
Big time Congrats!!!

And for dynoman, could it possibly be my video I took in 2019?
It was a once in a Turbo Buick racing world moment for sure.
Sorry to chime in late..

- Patrick