Finished with the LC2

Roc87

11 Second V6
Either going to get rid of the whole car, or sell the motor and go LS style. I have absolutely zero luck with the V6. Long story and a ton of $$$ thrown into it.

Couple questions, and yes I will research and read. I would either do a 4.8 or a 5.3. Leave it mostly stock except for studs, cam and trunion upgrade.

Here's the questions, I know they make adapters to run the 200, & since mine is already built to handle 9's and I have a good converter, is it worth the savings to keep it? I eventually would like to turbo the 4.8/5.3. I would also like to keep the A/C if possible, just not absolutely sure where the accessories would end up being since it's a truck motor but want the LS1 intake. Also, I'm guessing the racetronix DP340's will supply enough e85 on the v8 for ~650hp?

You can definitely keep the 2004r. You'll just need a crank pilot extender, proper flexplate and a tv cable linkage. On the other hand, 4l80s are damn tough with just a cheap shift kit but require more supporting parts and labor to adapt to our cars (crossmember, driveshaft, linkage, etc.)

In my opinion, for your power goal, studs, cam and trunnion upgrade are overkill. I've put about 5000 miles on my unopened 5.3(except valvesprings) at 550ish rwhp.

As far as A/C goes, there isn't many setups documented online but I'm just finishing up my A/C install. Check out my thread for some pics or ideas. My build incorporates stock truck accessory drive components and a f-body water pump with spacers(I can fit a ls1, ls6 intake with this pump), including the low mount compressor. The frame requires zero notching to clear the truck compressor.

Those pumps will easily support 700+ on E85

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply, been reading your thread, great build! Just starting to do all the searching and pricing of used parts from my motor. I just want to drive the thing, paranoid about the V6 so I figured cam/studs & trunions would be some extra insurance, but good to know it's not necessarily needed