Finally got to run in the 1/4

Thanks! Mostly slicks.. I have gone just as fast on 295/55 drag radials but the track here is so inconsistent on how its prepped and sprayed. I just eliminate the gamble on how the prep/VHT is gonna be that day and run the slicks.

Well, this combo is now (probably on this run too) is dead. Two cracked cylinders and all six pistons were cracked. Not sure how long it was this way as it never lost oil pressure or smoked etc. I noticed some milkshake looing oil on the breather grommet and thought a head lifted. When the heads were off spun the crank and saw cracks. I'm getting that block bored and will do a stockish build and put it on a stand. I'm doing a TA block build to replace the stock block. I've never driven on a full slick and hope to accomplish my goal on a 255 with a stock rim. Love your cars! I'm a Limited guy all the way.

Sorry to hear of your bad luck on that engine. Hopefully this new engine build you're doing will hold up better than the previous one had. Hope you don't end up with the same problems once you get the new build together & in the car.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

The Probe pistons were the problem. That engine had 12k on it and all other pieces were fine. I'm confident I'll be all good.

That's good you found out the pistons were part of the problem, what pistons you gonna use this go around?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

The right lane in your time slip looks familiar. Lol Car #0224 is my fox. I think your time was right on. Some people don't understand that our elevation kills power. Our DA that day was 6500ft above sea level. L8TRH8R, that's moving for our elevation! Can't wait to see you out at the track again. This time though it will be V6 vs V6. Can't wait to get her back on the road.

Nice to speak with you this weekend. Look forward to seeing you get your v6 together! Welcome to the dark side!!