Finally got to run in the 1/4

L8TRH8R

First time running in the 1/4 mile. Stock t wheel, 255/50/15 M/T drag radial 5psi launch.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1370830730.851417.jpg

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Left lane. Im excited to leave with more boost on a bigger tire. It was 90 degrees which I know didn't help matters either.

Not sure of final MAP as I didn't get a log of the run. Right now I'm running a 24.5 spring in my wastegate. Should've had a log of the 2nd pass, bu, I had to lift so it's a .5 second log.

Something doesn't seem right here. When I made 730rwhp I was running 118mph in the 1/8th with a 1.50 sixty foot. If your running 24.5psi or more your mph should be a lot higher then that even if the et doesn't match. Your et matches your dyno numbers at 14psi. Even at your altitude your car should be going at least 140+mph. Not posting to disrespect you, but your down a considerable amount of power based on your dyno numbers.

Here is a calculator to show you what your car would do at proper elevation, which is 10.309 @ 131.085 MPH based on your timeslip
http://www.dragtimes.com/da-density...06&mph=128.66&correctetmph=Correct+ET+and+MPH

Here is a calculator to show you what kind of rear wheel power you were making on that pass
http://www.tciauto.com/tc/racing-calculators/

It's a shame you didn't get any data from that pass, it could explain better what is going on. Good luck with it, Hopefully you can unlock the Genie in the bottle.

Something doesn't seem right here. When I made 730rwhp I was running 118mph in the 1/8th with a 1.50 sixty foot. If your running 24.5psi or more your mph should be a lot higher then that even if the et doesn't match. Your et matches your dyno numbers at 14psi. Even at your altitude your car should be going at least 140+mph. Not posting to disrespect you, but your down a considerable amount of power based on your dyno numbers.

Here is a calculator to show you what your car would do at proper elevation, which is 10.309 @ 131.085 MPH based on your timeslip
http://www.dragtimes.com/da-density-altitude-calculator.php?elevationcorrect=3775&et=10.506&mph=128.66&correctetmph=Correct ET and MPH

Here is a calculator to show you what kind of rear wheel power you were making on that pass
http://www.tciauto.com/tc/racing-calculators/

It's a shame you didn't get any data from that pass, it could explain better what is going on. Good luck with it, Hopefully you can unlock the Genie in the bottle.

Yeah I know I wish I would'v got a log too, I'm sure more then anyone else, my rookie racing. I've been on a track a TOTAL of 7 times now. My #1 area of loss in convertor. I'm running a 10" L/U with a 2800 stall point. Aother issue would be tire, 255 drag radial isn't enough sidewall for the big psi launch I'll need to compensate for the 67mm turbine. After this run I tried to go again and hold more boost, 8psi started pushing me so I went, spun, then got back into it and went 10.87. They told me to scram as I have no bar or cage. I'll have a chance to go in the 1/8th at the end of the month, but, on a far worse track thats only used once a year for this event. (airport) Convertor, boost controller of some sort, 3200-3400 stall, and, a 28" slick or 275 drag radial would be a good start for me. On a side note, I drove the car round tip 140 mles each way, on 3/4 tank of gas including races. So ditching the L/U convertor will be a tough choice as tracks are few and far between in Montana.

I'm sure I could pick up a few tenths ditching the, spare tire, jack, amp, subwoofer etc. haha

Im with you Mike.. something doesnt add up. Id say that caulator is bs.. according to that im making 828. Which I know is inflated. Im usually around 116/117 in the 1/8th. At the end of the day dyno numbers and calculators are nothing more than just that.. numbers. Until the car puts down a serious e/t with a mph that matches it.. its just talk.
Screenshot_2013-06-13-00-24-28.png

Limited87 said:
Im with you Mike.. something doesnt add up. Id say that caulator is bs.. according to that im making 828. Which I know is inflated. Im usually around 116/117 in the 1/8th. At the end of the day dyno numbers and calculators are nothing more than just that.. numbers. Until the car puts down a serious e/t with a mph that matches it.. its just talk.

What's your ET on the 1/8 mile?