Finally got some time.

Charlie, still got those 84/85 valve covers laying around? Kinda interested in a aluminum set as mine leak even with good gaskets and silicone.

Got 2 sets but according to Rich the oil fill won't clear on a carb/turbo car unless it's on the passenger side. Make me an off on the non powder coated ones. I don't want to sell the ones Ronnie did for me. They're to pretty.:biggrin:

It was late and someone used one of the catch phrases that everyone used all the time when I was a kid. It grew from there and LOL.

I've got the weekend off so I'll be working on a few things. I'll see about updating things after I get started.

Okay, ill do my best not to hijack your thread anymore... Hey look a yellow Tuna:biggrin:

Got 2 sets but according to Rich the oil fill won't clear on a carb/turbo car unless it's on the passenger side. Make me an off on the non powder coated ones. I don't want to sell the ones Ronnie did for me. They're to pretty.:biggrin:

Passenger side oil fill? That wont work on mine. Theres about a 1/4" between the AC pump fittings and up pipe, then 1/2" between the up pipe and down pipe, then no space between the AC box and DP. It really is tight. Might need to get 2 passenger side ones and drill a hole in one then. Thanks anyways.

Passenger side oil fill? That wont work on mine. Theres about a 1/4" between the AC pump fittings and up pipe, then 1/2" between the up pipe and down pipe, then no space between the AC box and DP. It really is tight. Might need to get 2 passenger side ones and drill a hole in one then. Thanks anyways.

thas what i ended up having to do. gs nationals are coming up soon you might get lucky and find valve covers cheap.

LOLLL, I've been away for a couple weeks and i log back on and i read this whole page....:D

LOLLL, I've been away for a couple weeks and i log back on and i read this whole page....:D

Welcome back to the madness.:biggrin:

Now on to more info. I really didn't get anything done today because of that F-cking truck. Seems that I crimped the fuel line off the tank so it has to come back down to fix it.:mad:

I did get the parking brake cables in place but not buttoned up yet. I'm still waiting on my friend to help me make the new shock mounts for the rear as you can see.

Now if you didn't know that I've repositioned the spring pearches I doubt you'd ever be able to see it.:biggrin: What do you guys think so far?:confused:

Attachments

• DSCN0001.jpg
    DSCN0001.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 184
  • DSCN0003.jpg
    DSCN0003.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 185
  • DSCN0002.jpg
    DSCN0002.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 187
Thanks Jase.

As an aside I've had a request to go out to west Texas to help another Texan out with his car. We'll see what happens and suprisingly it's one of the big guys. I'll not say his name right now but I will say it's some what of an honor to say the least.:biggrin: Might even get some dove shooting in while I'm there.:biggrin:

Not quite Jase. He did say the white wings are flying early and late and I haven't had a good dove shoot in a few years. I think it would be fun and he's a fellow Aggie so he at least knows how to handle a gun.:biggrin:

Not quite Jase. He did say the white wings are flying early and late and I haven't had a good dove shoot in a few years. I think it would be fun and he's a fellow Aggie so he at least knows how to handle a gun.:biggrin:

Remind me to stay away from you when birds are present:biggrin: but seriously that rear end is coming together well. Thats one thing I like about these B4 cars is that junkyard parts and a little inginuity (and a mig welder) work wonders on our cars.

Remind me to stay away from you when birds are present:biggrin: but seriously that rear end is coming together well. Thats one thing I like about these B4 cars is that junkyard parts and a little inginuity (and a mig welder) work wonders on our cars.

You have no idea kid.:biggrin: My current car will be put together with parts I scrounged off the board, evilbay, and salvage parts. Talk about a mutt.:biggrin: